• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

I have seven high bids myself.....feeling good that "the streak" ends tomorrow. (I haven't won anything in a Heritage Signature auction since late 2006. :cry: )

i was wanting the daring 1 k.c. copy badly, but the internet bidding got it out of my price range, and i went ahead and cancelled my little phone call bid. an upgrade i was really looking forward to. nothing for me now except a little book in the supplemental auction.

There's also the "Live Bid" option that's near real time.

Well, I was suppose to meet Bedrock for the live event tomorrow but he has been detained so it looks like I'll be attending by myself.

I have no interest in the second session, only the first, and hopefully my bids will hold out or I may have to get into a fight with whoever else is there at the live event if they try to bid! lol

I have no hopes of winning the item I really wanted that will be in the first session on Friday. :(

I have seven high bids myself.....feeling good that "the streak" ends tomorrow. (I haven't won anything in a Heritage Signature auction since late 2006. :cry: )

Check that, I'm down to three High bids (I completely forgot about the special Internet bid for the uber-Heritage elite (geez, now I'm starting to sound like JoeCollector). The special internet bidding session had the effect of castrating all my bids on the Toronto Wonder Woman issues I wanted.... :flamed:

Okay, I'm taking wagers....who thinks Jive's streak of 17 months without a Heritage Signature win is about to be broken? Or am I going to be outdone again by the Deep-pockets in the Live event? (shrug)

Those Wonder Womans are SWEET. I placed bids on the flying saucer cover and the meteor cover.Got outbid early on when they started spiraling past guide.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Those Wonder Womans are SWEET. I placed bids on the flying saucer cover and the meteor cover.Got outbid early on when they started spiraling past guide.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am going into this morning rethinking my strategy...going to be placing a few internet bids and see what happens

luckily for me, I finished the WW run, or I would be all over those Toronto ones...they are all still real "cheap" in my opinion

I am winning the 2 I want to win

Trying to avoid auction fever?

Always a battle betwen bidding max before the auction but knowing that it could bid you up to that and don't drive price up till auction but that may encourage more live bidders hm

I go all out now, since that is what I am willing to pay, and I like the idea of keeping bidders out....take parker, someone already went higher on a book he wanted, so he canceled his phone bid...that is usually my strategy...if someone worries that heritage will alledgedly shill bid up, then I suspect they shouldn't put their max in, but I can't tell you how many times I have had a max bid and my winning bid be miles apart (indicating there was no "shill" bidding me up to my max)