• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

I go all out now, since that is what I am willing to pay, and I like the idea of keeping bidders out....take parker, someone already went higher on a book he wanted, so he canceled his phone bid...that is usually my strategy...if someone worries that heritage will alledgedly shill bid up, then I suspect they shouldn't put their max in, but I can't tell you how many times I have had a max bid and my winning bid be miles apart (indicating there was no "shill" bidding me up to my max)

I have tried the phone bidding a few times, and missed a few things I wanted when I failed to do it. But I also had a bad experience getting a phone call from an auction house in the middle of a meeting and it was embarrassing. (Although I should say this was before the spate of recent comics movies. At the time it was considered geekish and questionable to buy old comics. In recent years it has turned around completely and people are more likely to react with respect instead of giggles).

Just having fun watching. I think the fireworks on the Church Adventure's and that More Fun #52 haven't even begun. I am really interested to see where the MF#52 ends up as this is a book that is rarely seen in mid grade or above and of the other higher grade copies are locked up in collections likely for many years to come. 3x guide shouldn't be a problem considering what someone paid for the 7.5 that sold on Comiclink.