• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,950 posts in this topic

I wonder if they are aware of the apparent "one grader is very much lower than the rest" chatter

@CGC Mike I know it is speculation but can you pass on concerns about a very harsh grader? There was another post with two concurrent sets of 25 with one much harsher than the other as well (and more too but that one I recall specifically)

my books are about to pop! I don't want to get the hanging judge on my KANG!

• Administrator
On 3/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, Bird said:

I wonder if they are aware of the apparent "one grader is very much lower than the rest" chatter

@CGC Mike I know it is speculation but can you pass on concerns about a very harsh grader? There was another post with two concurrent sets of 25 with one much harsher than the other as well (and more too but that one I recall specifically)

Each book is inspected by a minimum of 2 graders.  With that said, I will mention concerns posted here.  

I may be jumping the gun, but after seeing the last few posts, it is a good time to bring this up. For this order just shipped, you will notice unusually low grades. I have sent in hundreds of books in 2020 and 2021 which I pre-screen myself. 80 to 90% are as I expected for 9.8, the rest of the percentage is normally a 9.6 which I also expected could happen but the books sent would be fine for me to still sell at that grade. A few times, I obviously missed something and managed to get a few 9.4's.

However, something is not right with this batch. I'm wondering if I will see corner damage or something for the 9.0's, 9.2's, to even a few of the 9.4's (which would not be due to a lack of how I pack comics). For these comics I would not send in anything that I thought would be less than 9.4 at the least. Worst yet, no notes on the lower grades. I tried to call before they shipped but it was too late. 

I will update this once they get to me, most likely next Thursday/Friday.

:frustrated:

Low Grades.png

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 3/19/2022 at 2:01 PM, namisgr said:

That is some harsh grading right there.  My condolences for those with 396... certification numbers.

On 3/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, Bird said:

On 3/19/2022 at 6:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

Each book is inspected by a minimum of 2 graders.  With that said, I will mention concerns posted here.  

I meant to add the post above to this...

On 3/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, cd4ever said:

More 9.6's than I expected but after reviewing them, I am inclined to agree with all of them except the Darth Vader. 

premiere50.jpg

jsa1.jpg

truth1.jpg

Venom1B.jpg

venom1A.jpg

asm55.jpg

icecreamman20foil.jpg

icecreamman11.jpg

cap290.jpg

siktc1foil.jpg

wolverine4.jpg

wolverine2.jpg

inhumans5.jpg

ya12.jpg

kananbam1.jpg

darthvader1.jpg

toxin1.jpg

marvfeature1sonja.jpg

sirens2.jpg

spiderman12.jpg

asmannual14.jpg

abbott1.jpg

reborn1.jpg

fsteentitans1.jpg

invincible1foil.jpg

spiderman240.jpg

secretwar2.jpg

Vader have a scratch or something?

On 3/22/2022 at 7:17 AM, cd4ever said:

Not that I could see.  Who knows, maybe a fingerprint.    

Looks immaculate, and considering how many black covers with white spine ticks Ive seen as 9.6s, this is a beautiful book

On 3/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, cd4ever said:

More 9.6's than I expected but after reviewing them, I am inclined to agree with all of them except the Darth Vader. 

premiere50.jpg

jsa1.jpg

truth1.jpg

Venom1B.jpg

venom1A.jpg

asm55.jpg

icecreamman20foil.jpg

icecreamman11.jpg

cap290.jpg

siktc1foil.jpg

wolverine4.jpg

wolverine2.jpg