• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con 2008

345 posts in this topic

I have stayed several times at the Radisson Lord Baltimore, which is about 3 blocks away. Mrs. Donut and I find that hotel to be outstanding, just outstanding.

My biggest peeve with baltimore is no host hotel con discounts.

.....our drugs and prostitutes are less then in some other cities, so it kinda' all works out :banana:

Yeah but our drug, prostitutes and hotels are the cheapest by far. :luhv:

Mrs Dudeman and I will be in attendance this year! Anyone have info on close hotels? Looking for something nice and comfy and within walking distance. (thumbs u

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Ill give you that info if you sell me your All-Star Western 10 :popcorn:

Last year there was talk that the new hotel being built across the street from the convention center, complete with a walkway above the road, would one day serve as a host hotel similar to what they have down in Charlotte at Heroes Con. Perhaps that's not quite ready yet.

Last year there was talk that the new hotel being built across the street from the convention center, complete with a walkway above the road, would one day serve as a host hotel similar to what they have down in Charlotte at Heroes Con. Perhaps that's not quite ready yet.

Just down there last weekend and I didn't see a walk way. I'm REALLY excited about hitting this show--first big show I'll have attended.

Just down there last weekend and I didn't see a walk way. I'm REALLY excited about hitting this show--first big show I'll have attended.

I thought the walkway was already there last year during the show. It's way on the other side of the convention center, over the road with the light rail. It's in the pix at this site.. Also, it opens in August and is accepting reservations if anyone still needs a hotel for the con. The cheapest rate seems to be about $189/night for the weekend of the con, but that's a special rate where you have to pre-pay. Mid-$200s for more normal rates.

Whoops! Missed that! I guess I was paying closer attention to not getting hit by the maniacs on the road (there was some sort of X-games event going on).

I'm either staying with the brother-in-law who lives near the airport, or will just stay a few miles away, and pay the $10/day parking.

Whoops! Missed that! I guess I was paying closer attention to not getting hit by the maniacs on the road (there was some sort of X-games event going on).

I'm either staying with the brother-in-law who lives near the airport, or will just stay a few miles away, and pay the $10/day parking.

hey Mac...grab me and say hi at the convention......keep it between us please, 'cause I'm pretty low profile, but here's what I look like:

61244-meyer.jpg.2ff3c27bddc2d6644f60cf8302fbaca3.jpg

hey Mac...grab me and say hi at the convention......keep it between us please, 'cause I'm pretty low profile, but here's what I look like:

You are low profile like the great Chicago fire.

:o there was a fire in Chicago? When did this happen?

Mrs Dudeman and I will be in attendance this year! Anyone have info on close hotels? Looking for something nice and comfy and within walking distance. (thumbs u

1655256-banana2.gifChris

lol It has been safely buried in my backyard.......

:banana: Chris

My mother warned me about people saying this to me back when I was a kid... ;)

No, I'll definitely keep my eye open! Take a look in my microbrewery report in the General Forum & you'll see me...working on my other hobby :grin:

(thumbs u

My mother warned me about people saying this to me back when I was a kid... ;)

No, I'll definitely keep my eye open! Take a look in my microbrewery report in the General Forum & you'll see me...working on my other hobby :grin:

maybe you could share a room in baltimore and have a drink

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Google Earth is my friend :cloud9:

1655256-banana2.gifChris

I have an excavator. :gossip:

1655256-banana2.gifChris

If you want to go dig up a battle hardened leatherneck's back yard –

just let me know, so I can grab some popcorn come watch the show...

:popcorn:

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Damned dirty Google Earth! Off to find a new hiding spot!

P7030148.jpg

ca.gif Chris