• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's crazy for the bondage?

60 posts in this topic

I think "bondage" is mentioned on the slab because of SOTI- similar to CGC noting "injury to eye panel" on the slab. For sellers, these are big important selling points that are always noted on the ebay ad! SOTI makes a big deal of bondage and injury to eye panels as inappropriate for kids. If you read SOTI, you wonder why it is that all the kids from the 1950's didn't end up running around torturing and killing their peers, elders, strangers, etc. I can understand the concern with bondage in general (or torture, a male drowning a female in a lake while on a boat, the infamous hatchet "cover of a children's comic" from crime suspenstories 20,) but I did not get why Wertham spends so much time on, specifically, "injury to eyes."

This is my own theory, so could totally be wrong.

54902-css-20-sm.jpg.28923cf484bab511874241f995cd8e6d.jpg

I didn't realize I had this many... :blush:

Great original art, Mr. NSN! :golfclap: A great thread with some sweet books, folks! (thumbs u

[font:Book Antiqua] Hey, how about some Conan, Bronze-Age Bondage?[/font]

Conan50WP.jpg

Mmmm, there's just something about those loin-cloth babes in chains, isn't there? :devil:

* Wow, I finally learned how to use Photobucket!