• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,525 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2024 at 8:05 AM, SpineTic said:

Screenshot (159).png

Those ladies look like the type you just don't want to mess with ... buy them an ice cream cone and back away ...

"Hey doll, howzabout a date?"
"Hey ya bum, howzabout I just rip your face off unless you skeedaddle?"

On 7/7/2024 at 10:43 AM, SpineTic said:

Screenshot (225).png

I was curious about this one - especially the sign on the vendor's cart that read "P.X. Cheer Cart" and what the scene was from.

For anyone else interested, I found the answer here.

"Cheer Cart"

The "Cheer Cart" brought the Station Hospital PX to bedridden patients. The attendant wheeled the mobile unit around the wards twice daily. Orders were taken for any items not available on the cart itself.

"Yeah, I'd like an Action Comics #1 if you can find one, please!"

On 7/7/2024 at 1:55 PM, Telegan said:

I was curious about this one - especially the sign on the vendor's cart that read "P.X. Cheer Cart" and what the scene was from.

"Cheer Cart"

The "Cheer Cart" brought the Station Hospital PX to bedridden patients. The attendant wheeled the mobile unit around the wards twice daily. Orders were taken for any items not available on the cart itself.

They don't even care about the chocolate - just happy to flirt with the cart attendant :D

On 7/7/2024 at 2:55 PM, Telegan said:

"Cheer Cart"

Better save those dimes, you’ll need them when you get the hospital bill!