• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*spoon* UPS...

61 posts in this topic

I never rely on fedex or UPS insurance. They have so many damn rules you will never collect on a claim.

I always go with these guys and get 3rd party insurance on large shipments to guard against shipping company losing the package:

http://dsiinsurance.com

They only charge 25 cents per $100

I have never tried to put in a claim with them though.

:o

That is brutal...I hate UPS...they have buggered up a number of my shipments in the past, plus their brokerage fees and this and that fee are out of this world...give me the good old post office any day of the week compared to these guys....

Hope they do something for you...good luck with it.

Our UPS guy is great. It's FedEx you have to watch out for.

Yes, Fedex and DHL are the worst. Ive used all of them. Although UPS has a lot of rules, they dont break that much stuff. I sell a lot of acrylic, i go through claim forms every day, but not as bad as Fedex and DHL.

Blame who you want to, but I blame the SELLER (SHIPPER) for that boo boo.

Put the slab in sturdy ridgid cardboard sleeves and always double box the hell outta them.

We all are lazy at times when we ship and this time it burnt a Boardie.

and, to follow up, my company ships between 30,000 and 50,000 parcels a year with UPS... you have to know "how" to ship, and you have no problem... I use 275 pound double wall boxes and at least 3" of cushion...I have sent tons of cgc comics, never had one damaged... per the post above, I have had 5figures worth of cgc comics allegedly STOLEN while in the possesion of UPS, but that is a different story :(

That sucks Jim. What is your opinion on the books current grade now?

Don't know...will have to get it out of the slab to know for sure. The right edge of the comic was "snaked" before I reset the slab. Would surprise me if it was damaged there...

Jim

Well keep us posted man. :wishluck:

A large crack across the case is an acceptable defect for a 6.0 book.

Ken

Just kidding. :baiting: Sorry to hear that. I once received a package from UPS that had actual tire tracks on it and the book was ruined.

Just kidding. :baiting: Sorry to hear that. I once received a package from UPS that had actual tire tracks on it and the book was ruined.

I had tire tracks & a footprint on a UPS package once. They didn't even bother to check the packaging, they just sent a check the next day.

It's not the drivers who damage the packages its the handlers. The guys who load the packages on the truck. Each handler has usually at least 3 trucks to load at a time. They send hundreds and hundreds of packages an hour down this belt and each man or woman is expected to pick his packages off the belt and put it in whichever of his trucks it belongs in and it has to be in the proper place in the truck so it can take more than just a second or two. Most of the time they send more packages down the belt than can be handled and the guy ends up throwing the packages off the belt into the truck or all over the floor at which point he ends up tripping on them and then gets pissed off and kicks them and throws them and then when its breaktime he will pill up a few packages and sit on them, lay on them, put his drinks and food on them and this is only a few things that can happen to your packages..trust me..I was a truck loader for UPS for years, and its not just one guy its almost everyone. Take it from me.. Pack your packages if your sending them by UPS like someone is going to kick it..sit on it... throw it.. smash it... and generally just beat the hell out of it.

I agree, which why we pack the carp out of our stuff. we once got a neutral feedback that stated "comic as described, only thing too much bubble wrap and tape on the box." :(

The next time (if there's a next time) you ship to that cat, just put a "To & From" label on the slab, post it and SHIP it to 'em RAW !!

:o

That is brutal...I hate UPS...they have buggered up a number of my shipments in the past, plus their brokerage fees and this and that fee are out of this world...give me the good old post office any day of the week compared to these guys....

Hope they do something for you...good luck with it.

I have had negative experiences with both UPS and USPS. Once had a 120 lb. $3K subwoofer dropped right in front us. Nothing compares, however, to what I have seen at the USPS. I have insured items for upwards of $1K, with a package marked fragile, only to have the package slammed on the floor (by the manager no less) right before my very eyes.

I have received several cracked slabs in my day, but certainly nothing even remotely severe as this. In my experience, all of my cracked slabs have come via USPS.

The only service I have utilized that has given me no problems is FedEx. I have found that their rates are also much better than UPS.

I worked in the receiving department at a college while I was attending and found Fed Ex Ground to be the absolute worst. Multiple drivers would leave packages without getting signatures (They would lave them without any one at least even being present) and they also tended to have the most trashed packages.

I worked in the receiving department at a college while I was attending and found Fed Ex Ground to be the absolute worst. Multiple drivers would leave packages without getting signatures (They would lave them without any one at least even being present) and they also tended to have the most trashed packages.

Now that you mention it, I do recall paying $5k for a couple of books shipped FedEx. It was left at my doorstep, even though it was supposed to be signed for...