• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what title did you read regularly and are now embarassed to admit it?

54 posts in this topic

That would be ROM.

Rom-1.jpg

Me too. No idea why...stories sucked and I still remember the "dire wraiths" were such a joke but i still read it consistently for a while... :insane:

I'm a proud ROM reader...and Machine Man...and The Micronauts...

I still have my original copy of Rom #1 (Micronauts, too).

But, my "guilty pleasure" has to be Dazzler. After her intro in X-men, my 12-year-old self was sure that her own series would be historic. Looking back on this cover, you knew it was garbage . . . they felt theneed to put all those cameos right on the cover! lol

dazzler-1.jpg

I'm not actually embarassed but I used to read all the Harvey titles when I was a kid.

Nothing wrong with that. I read hundreds of Archies/Richie Riches/etc. when I was a kid. Reading that stuff was a good thing and we need more of those books around now for kids to read.

Mine's a good list... unfortunately, they were near the top of the list of those books I went after reclaiming when I got back into collecting, and I still like them! :grin:

In No Order:

1. X-Men 2099

2. Robin: Mini Series I, II, & III

3. The Nightcrawler Mini Series (from the early-to-mid 80s)

I actually don't think the Robin books are all that doofy (Joker's Wild still really stands up for me), but the others are just kind of fun.

Hey, ROM was sweet... and was my very 1st, #1 issue purchase! (thumbs u

Jeff Johnson's run on Wonderman c.1991... :/

Any "Lightning Comics" title c.1993... :P

*I know there are more, but it's simply too painful to revist.

That would be ROM.

Rom-1.jpg

Sacrilege!

I love ROM!

Just look at that cover you posted!

If I had enough money to buy any 1 cover by Frank Miller, it would be *that* one.

Yes. There will always be a piece of me that remembers fondly on the title.

But I had to pick the title that would most embarrass me.

That, my friend is the one.