• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARTHQUAKE!

63 posts in this topic

Anyone else feel the aftershock right this minute?

The whole house just rattled and shook, was a very odd sensation being a midwestener. Not used to that.

:eek:

Yep. The whole building had a shimmy for about 5 seconds.

I've been reading about volcanoes... very scary stuff. One of the early stages is deep earthquake-like rumblings.

If Yellowstone goes off anytime soon... well, nice knowing you, everybody.

Let me know if you need a safe place to store your books. :baiting:

He means EVERYBODY as in globally :gossip:

I'm too lazy to Google, could you please enlighten? :wishluck:

If Yellowstone went up, I'm guessing it would be one of those "climate killer" type events. (shrug)

The whole house just rattled and shook, was a very odd sensation being a midwestener. Not used to that.

You sure that wasn't gas? How much beer did you have last night?

I tried to stab an Earthquake once. Since the Earthquake never came back, I assumed I had succeeded in killing it...

Of course I was only five at the time, and I thought earthquakes were creatures that lived under the ground (sort of like the movie Tremors). It seemed like the right thing to do at the time...

5 year old logic...lollol

You sure that wasn't gas? How much beer did you have last night?

:signfunny:

zzz I'm from California. blah blah blah

Could you be more blasé? :baiting:

Why yes...yes I could....How much more would you like? I'll just make an adjustment to my Ronco Blaseometer. Would you like it to be mild, moderate or extremely condescending?

People in California probably fear the concept of Tornadoes more than Earthquakes.

People in the MidWest probably don't like the concept of Earthquakes (or Hurricanes).

Seems to be a Grass is Greener effect (shrug)

Why yes...yes I could....How much more would you like? I'll just make an adjustment to my Ronco Blaseometer. Would you like it to be mild, moderate or extremely condescending?

Twist the knob around until it breaks off in your hand. :/

I was at work reading when the chair started to mildly shake. At first I thought I was delirious from being tired (it hit at 4:37 AM), but realized that wasn't the case. Turned on the TV and it was all over the local news. Strange sensation to say the least.

omfg, I can't.

Really.

:roflmao:

You seem to know a lot about knob twisting I would guess. :baiting:

My Ronco has no knobs, it has a slider and it's very accurate.