• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you store your comics/slabs?

42 posts in this topic

Where do you store your comics/slabs and in what kind of environment?....

I've moved them around my house trying to find the rooms which are the best air-conditioned, least humid, and least sunlight.

Any idea what would be the optimal temperature to set your house at....especially during summer-time?

I would love to blast the air-conditioning, but my wife always changes the thermostat back... :(

Most of my comics are in climate controlled storage facilities. It's not optimal but the temparature and humidty are pretty stable. The rest are at home in our finished basement where the temp and humidity is also stable.

For my GA comics... upstairs in winter, downstairs in summer.
Ditto! (thumbs u

Under my night stand and inside the bathroom vanity. (thumbs u

The bathroom vanity is an interesting location ... just in case one feels the need to look at the cover of a comic book while being otherwise occupied. :grin:

California, baby! Near constant temperature, no humidity! :banana:

Actually, most of my books are kept in a closet:

gidgetoncomics.jpg

With the GA and better SA/BA in separate boxes elsewhere.

And if you need any books pressed, my cat works cheap.

Most of my comics are in climate controlled storage facilities. It's not optimal but the temparature and humidty are pretty stable. The rest are at home in our finished basement where the temp and humidity is also stable.

Do you mean the storage place with the hole in the roof that lets water drip on the boxes when it rains? :eek:

I only have one CGC box (not even full) of slabs. It lives in the home "office" year-round with my 6,000 or so raw books. All in short boxes. The room was originally (years ago) a breezeway btwn house and garage. Now, it's fully insulated/dry-walled/etc and nicely temperature controlled, etc. But, no windows --- making it a near-perfect man-cave.

Do you mean the storage place with the hole in the roof that lets water drip on the boxes when it rains? :eek:

My storage facility is completely dry and, except for the crack whores infront offering favors for cash, completely safe.

My storage facility is completely dry and, except for the crack whores infront offering favors for cash, completely safe.

Crack whores :cloud9:

Are you sure? When was the last time you checked? It has been pretty wet up there this season. hm

Are you sure? When was the last time you checked? It has been pretty wet up there this season. hm

Two weeks ago. (thumbs u Thanks for the tip, I will tell the owners to keep a lookout for a southern whiteman who like to drill holes in storage facilities. (thumbs u