• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man I wanted these, but just couldn't take the gamble.

29 posts in this topic

Looks legit to me! Grow some balls everyone! You have to be in it to win it! Can't hit a home run without stepping up to bat!

those were my sentiments, and you had $200 paypal protection (shrug)

Looks legit to me! Grow some balls everyone! You have to be in it to win it! Can't hit a home run without stepping up to bat!

I recently did well with a Cap #77. Didn't figure I push my luck. :whistle:

those were my sentiments, and you had $200 paypal protection (shrug)

It's all the fearmongering. People see an eBay scammer around every corner, and I don't blame them after reading nothing but negative moaning in comics general.

We need another "eBay scores" thread to reset the balance.

Let it ride! Double down! Go for broke!

And you'd been so consistent with your Prozac regimen :sorry:

And you'd been so consistent with your Prozac regimen :sorry:

It's not the pills, it's the booze that gets you.

Good deal, too bad the seller didn't have more feedback or for that matter any selling feedback. That is my dream, to stumble across some books like this at a garage sale. It must happen to someone.

You know that was the thing that concerned me the most - more than the low feedback. They just looked too nice to be from a garage sale. And the combination of the new seller and the garage sale made it even worse. I would have bought something like my dad had these stored away for years but a garage sale - nah that couldn't happen, could it?

But alas now I will never know :sorry:

I like the "gotta have balls" attitude every now and then, but something just doesn't feel right about the auction. Check out the guys feedback....no previous sales and some random purchases here and there of toys 'n comics.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=artstars_2008&ftab=AllFeedback

Oh yeah, he also found a Hulk #4 at a garage sale? That must have been one hell of a garage sale! BTW, what's under the Hulk #4?

Seller had some other High dollar books he found at the garage sale I saw a couple of the auctions but did go after any, dates of books don't add up to be from a single collection unless there was a ton more and he only bought these.

I like the "gotta have balls" attitude every now and then, but something just doesn't feel right about the auction. Check out the guys feedback....no previous sales and some random purchases here and there of toys 'n comics.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=artstars_2008&ftab=AllFeedback

Oh yeah, he also found a Hulk #4 at a garage sale? That must have been one hell of a garage sale! BTW, what's under the Hulk #4?

Look at the Hulk 5 completed auction to get a better view. Perhaps strangely, some those aren't being sold.

Also, the X-Men lot has scanner pics of the books, whereas the other pics are camera pics. Well done scans too, aside from the size of the pics. Kinda odd.

I would have, but I wasn't aware of the auction until this thread was posted. doh!