• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what`s will be a better investment in 5 years AF 15 CGC 2.0 or TOS 39 CGC 4.0 ?

37 posts in this topic

Just curious. AMAZING FANTASY 15 at CGC 2.0 or TALES OF SUSPENSE 39 AT CGC 4.0. of course no restoration. 2 hot marvel character right now. SPIDER-MAN and IRON MAN. both major motion pictures. both will have cartoon shows.I know Spidey is the king but will he finally have a silver age challenger like Superman to Batman does in golden age?

Even though Iron Man has always been a favorite of mine,

I'd have to say the AF 15 will be top dog based upon history alone.

Beyond that, books in presentable lower grade Good tend to move quicker than mid grade Very Good copies as there are more people chasing affordable copies. Why buy a filler VG TOS 39 if you can get a decent Good and something else. You can't get much lower than G in the AF 15....so you've hit a basement price on that one. My generalization......

Realistically though, you can't go wrong with either one........with historic date to back it up.

tos 39 but only because it starts from a lower point now. Iron man will continue to be very popular in movies but more so in movies than in comics. Thus, not as many iron man comics will rise in value, but the key issues -- esp. tos 39 will rise because it is the origin story used in the movie.

tos 39 but only because it starts from a lower point now. Iron man will continue to be very popular in movies but more so in movies than in comics. Thus, not as many iron man comics will rise in value, but the key issues -- esp. tos 39 will rise because it is the origin story used in the movie.

Go Away Fartknocker!! getout.gif

ok, the consensus is AF15 but no one really chimed in on my other question will Spider-man finally have a silver age challenger like Superman to Batman does in golden age? Will IronMan become the number 2 or give Spidey a run for his money like Superman and Batman have been going back and forth all these years?

I find Ironman the most moden of the above four with all the high-tech stuff, he looks cooler than the other 3 with no long underwear, I can see the new younger generation relating to him more which might make his comics great investments.

Don`t get me wrong the other 3 I like.I am just looking at what future generations can relate to. remember Tarzan and Lone Ranger were considered bigger than Spider-man at one point. times change.

ok, the consensus is AF15 but no one really chimed in on my other question will Spider-man finally have a silver age challenger like Superman to Batman does in golden age? Will IronMan become the number 2 or give Spidey a run for his money like Superman and Batman have been going back and forth all these years?

I find Ironman the most moden of the above four with all the high-tech stuff, he looks cooler than the other 3 with no long underwear, I can see the new younger generation relating to him more which might make his comics great investments.

Don`t get me wrong the other 3 I like.I am just looking at what future generations can relate to. remember Tarzan and Lone Ranger were considered bigger than Spider-man at one point. times change.

Iron Man is already the number 2 movie superhero. The film will do more than 300 mil NA and possibly over 600 worldwide. IM displaces Superman, Batman, X-Men for now.

Batman will gain some ground this summer; question is how much.

Times are always a changing. When I came into comics Adventure 242 was the top dog silver age book. Then it was Showcase 4, Amazing Fantasy 15, and the question is what will be next.

My Guess is that AF15 will hold the spot for a long time.

As far as analogy goes I would say that AF 15 is to TOS 39 what Detective 27 is to a Golden Age GL 1 or a Flash 1.The only Marvel title that gives ASM a run for the money is Fantastic Four....although the Avengers and Tales of Supense may gain some serious ground over the years.The bulk of their issues are probably not scarce enough to ever fully overtake ASM or FF,however...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I didn't use Action 1 in the analogy as it really is a "whole 'nother ballgame".

This is a stupid question. Really, really, really stupid.

Ask a muggle to name a superhero. They will answer, in no particular order, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

This is a stupid question. Really, really, really stupid.

Ask a muggle to name a superhero. They will answer, in no particular order, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

Total domestic box office

Iron Man $276,166,336 total domestic box office and still climbing

Batman Begins $205,343,774 total domestic box office

Superman Returns $200,081,192 total domestic box office

Iron Man allready topped both the big 2 at the box office, As I stated before the modern young generation can relate to him more. my question was the better investment in 5 years. not now.