• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Order status stuck at "received"?

341 posts in this topic

My 60 book Modern submission at the Mid-Ohio con, invoice date of October 8th, has not even been marked as Verified yet ? After reading these posts it appears I better call CGC tomorrow.

Books submitted at cons always take longer. Unless they do on-site grading I mail them in.

My 60 book Modern submission at the Mid-Ohio con, invoice date of October 8th, has not even been marked as Verified yet ? After reading these posts it appears I better call CGC tomorrow.

Kudos to CGC, I called this morning, no argument, they said they would rush them through. I just checked and one of my invoices(30 books) has already been graded !!! I'm impressed.

Kudos to CGC, I called this morning, no argument, they said they would rush them through. I just checked and one of my invoices(30 books) has already been graded !!! I'm impressed.

Yeah, I'm happy too. My Oct. 21st submission is already graded....a little strange because the Oct. 20th submission is not yet graded. Pretty happy with the grades too. One big brain fart in there but happy overall.

Shark

Same here - books were received by CGC on Oct. 21st, and they were graded today.

Michael, FYI, I submitted a Sandman #10 but 'only' got a 9.6 .

Darnit - would have paid top $$$ for a 9.8 :frustrated:

I did just get a 9.8 on my Sandman #50 Platinum double cover, though - I guess that soothes the pain a little :)

My prescreen went from Verified to Scheduled for Grading today.

On average, how long until I see grades?

Depends how far behind they are with encapsulation. Sometimes books are graded and waiting to be slabbed. The actual grades are not entered into the system until they are ready to be encased. This could range from a day or so to a week or more depending on how far backlogged they are.

Depends how far behind they are with encapsulation. Sometimes books are graded and waiting to be slabbed. The actual grades are not entered into the system until they are ready to be encased. This could range from a day or so to a week or more depending on how far backlogged they are.

Gotcha.

One more question: I have 29 books on that invoice for a 9.6 prescreen. Should I assume that since all 9.6 books are still on the invoice that is Scheduled for Grading that all 29 books passed the 9.6 prescreen?

Gotcha.

One more question: I have 29 books on that invoice for a 9.6 prescreen. Should I assume that since all 9.6 books are still on the invoice that is Scheduled for Grading that all 29 books passed the 9.6 prescreen?

One would assume but I have yet to do a pre-screen (working on one). Give them a call but I would take that as good news. At this point your CC should have been charged so see how much they charged, if it's what 29 books would cost then your golden.

BTW my moderns dropped off on the 13th moved to verified today. 8 working days after being received.

Gotcha.

One would assume but I have yet to do a pre-screen (working on one). Give them a call but I would take that as good news. At this point your CC should have been charged so see how much they charged, if it's what 29 books would cost then your golden.

BTW my moderns dropped off on the 13th moved to verified today. 8 working days after being received.

CC was charged when the received the books, they charged for all of the books. I am guessing I would get a CC adjustment for the books that did not pass the prescreen.

Gotcha.

CC was charged when the received the books, they charged for all of the books. I am guessing I would get a CC adjustment for the books that did not pass the prescreen.

I was under the impression they do not charge the CC until after the pre-screening process. To me, it looks like you have 29 books coming back at least 9.6 (worship)

Gotcha.

I was under the impression they do not charge the CC until after the pre-screening process. To me, it looks like you have 29 books coming back at least 9.6 (worship)

Nope, not the case. The CC was charged on acceptance of the books.

Books were moved into Scheduled yesterday, graded today, grades posted.

Not all books hit 9.6 pre-screen.

Gotcha.

So they have to do a chargeback? Doesn't make sense that they would charge it until they knew WHAT to charge it.

Gotcha.

So they have to do a chargeback? Doesn't make sense that they would charge it until they knew WHAT to charge it.

I am expecting they will do a charge back, but don't expect one right away since the books just got graded today.

The initial charge was based as if ALL books hit the pre-screen.

Kind of makes sense to charge on receipt of the books. Imagine if sent them pure junk to grade, they do, then go to my account which has zero cash in it.

My prescreens went to 'scheduled for grading' this afternoon. Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow.

Don't count on it. My economy submission has been stuck at "Scheduled for Grading" since last Thursday. :cry:

Shark