• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Order status stuck at "received"?

341 posts in this topic

I think yours took longer because they were pre-screens, Chris

What makes them a pre-screen?

You are looking for a minimum accepted grade.

i.e you only want 9.6 and up. You send in XX amount of books and they will do a pre 9.6 screen and not slab the books that fall under 9.6. The ultimate goal is to have 100% of the books pass. It is cheaper this way since you are not paying CGC slabbing fee's on dud's. It does take longer as their site notes.

Link to explanation of service

I think yours took longer because they were pre-screens, Chris

What makes them a pre-screen?

You are looking for a minimum accepted grade.

i.e you only want 9.6 and up. You send in XX amount of books and they will do a pre 9.6 screen and not slab the books that fall under 9.6. The ultimate goal is to have 100% of the books pass. It is cheaper this way since you are not paying CGC slabbing fee's on dud's. It does take longer as their site notes.

Link to explanation of service

Yeah, but I was not do that. I just submitted 10 books I got signed at Philly. No worries, they just got graded this morning :)

Monday - Scheduled for Grading

Tuesday - Graded

Today, Wednesday - Shipped

Good deal, It took a while to get scheduled, but once it did, they got pushed through fast.

Seems like they are catching up.

Received at CGC on June 23

Received by me on August 5

GOOD. They received my large submission (109 comics, mostly Moderns) on July 15th and if I don't get them back by the end of August I'm hurtin' for certain. :wishluck:

Mike

30 moderns were accepted and received on 7/15. 14 working days after arriving

2 Magazine size books were accepted and received on 8/4

Status on both changed to verified yesterday :banana:

I would agree, they seem to be catching up. No major con's (that CGC shows attending) until Baltimore.

GOOD. They received my large submission (109 comics, mostly Moderns) on July 15th and if I don't get them back by the end of August I'm hurtin' for certain. :wishluck:

Mike

Mine were moderns also. Hope you aren't cutting it close with the end of August deadline.

Mike

Mine were moderns also. Hope you aren't cutting it close with the end of August deadline.

Let's just say that I would highly prefer to have them back by end of August. We have a backup plan (the wife) for some stuff that needs to be taken care of in early September but I prefer not to use her money for anything that I'm responsible for.

My economy tier from FCBD showed up a few days ago. Around 86 actual days from submission (not verified as received.) Glad to hear they are getting over the hump now.

86 days or 86 Working days?

My economy tier from FCBD showed up a few days ago. Around 86 actual days from submission (not verified as received.) Glad to hear they are getting over the hump now.

86 days or 86 Working days?

Non-working days, those bastiches! :insane:

Straight answer is 86 regular days. I didn't want to try to figure out all the days they took off for cons and holidays, especially when Steve B. left. ;)

My books are now scheduled for grading after being received on 7/15. Thats exactly 20 business days from receipt. One of IM #128's is a PLOD (board purchase so I should be able to track them down) :mad:

My books are now scheduled for grading after being received on 7/15. Thats exactly 20 business days from receipt. One of IM #128's is a PLOD (board purchase so I should be able to track them down)

Still waiting for my 7/7 sub to get verified. But they're Pre-Screens.

Sux on the PLOD dude.

My books are now scheduled for grading after being received on 7/15. Thats exactly 20 business days from receipt. One of IM #128's is a PLOD (board purchase so I should be able to track them down)

Still waiting for my 7/7 sub to get verified. But they're Pre-Screens.

Sux on the PLOD dude.

The rest of the books more than make up for it. Heck the MM #15 alone puts me in the black after purchases and slabbing fee's.

I will alert the seller that it was a restored book. I don't want anything back for it since it's a chance we all take buying raw. Never figured CT on a late book like this though.

Out of 30 books submitted

12 were 9.8 40%

15 were 9.6 50%

1 was 9.4 3.333%

1 was 9.2 PLOD 3.333%

1 was 8.0 (expected) 3.333%