• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Order status stuck at "received"?

341 posts in this topic

My prescreens went to 'scheduled for grading' this afternoon. Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow.

My prescreen went to "scheduled for grading' yesterday. Graded today with grades listed.

Cross your fingers, you may have grades tomorrow.

My prescreens went to 'scheduled for grading' this afternoon. Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow.

Don't count on it. My economy submission has been stuck at "Scheduled for Grading" since last Thursday. :cry:

Shark

hm I contacted Ali at CGC and even though the CGC website still says "Scheduled for Grading" she said my last economy submission was graded last Thursday (11/20/08). She even gave me the grades. So I guess you can't always go by what the Collector's Society website is telling you. (shrug)

By the way, that Ali Asselstine is a godsend. She's always quick with answers whenever I've asked any kind of question or asked for information. Kudos to Ali! (thumbs u

Shark

Last order is done.

74 out of 100 graded at 9.8. :acclaim:

1 out of 91 graded at 9.9!! :banana:

I've got no idea if that is a reasonable percentage or if it sucks. I'm okay with it as there were a few I was wishful on but didn't really expect them to pass.

I just called CGC about my Economy tier submission which was received on 10/20 and graded on 11/20. I was wondering when they shipped. This is the answer I got:

"The order has not been shipped. The books are from the Economy tier and the receive date is 10/20. Although they were graded early, the order still requires the 40 business days before it will be shipped. Your books should ship in approximately two weeks."

WTF? The damn things are already graded! So I have to wait an extra 2 weeks to get them because they HAVE to hold to their predicted timeline? What a bunch of krap! :mad:

Shark

Last order is done.

74 out of 100 graded at 9.8. :acclaim:

1 out of 91 graded at 9.9!! :banana:

I've got no idea if that is a reasonable percentage or if it sucks. I'm okay with it as there were a few I was wishful on but didn't really expect them to pass.

Congrats on the 9.9!

I usually average 27/28 out of 30 at 9.8 prescreen but I'm usually very picky and careful what I submit. Sometimes I'll throw some borderline books in and I'll get a happy surprise, but usually I don't. I have yet to get a perfect 30/30 9.8 or higher. I've hit 29 out of 30 several times.

I have an order of 120 modern 9.8 pre-screens that were all received on 10/29, but they all still show "received" only.

How long from received to graded for your last bunch?

[

How long from received to graded for your last bunch?

My current pre-screen took about three weeks (non-business days) to go from received to graded.

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. Sometimes it seems things don't get graded in the order they receive them I guess? (shrug)

I just called CGC about my Economy tier submission which was received on 10/20 and graded on 11/20. I was wondering when they shipped. This is the answer I got:

"The order has not been shipped. The books are from the Economy tier and the receive date is 10/20. Although they were graded early, the order still requires the 40 business days before it will be shipped. Your books should ship in approximately two weeks."

WTF? The damn things are already graded! So I have to wait an extra 2 weeks to get them because they HAVE to hold to their predicted timeline? What a bunch of krap! :mad:

Shark

I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys on this. It seems like a lousy policy to me to let graded comics sit for 2 weeks at CGC just so they can stay in line with their estimated leadtimes.

Mike

Shark

I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys on this. It seems like a lousy policy to me to let graded comics sit for 2 weeks at CGC just so they can stay in line with their estimated leadtimes.

Mike

No offense, but it doesn't sound correct. Are you that's what they said was the reason for CGC holding onto the books?

For example, the books are graded but not encapsulated yet? Something along those lines?

Shark

Mike

No offense, but it doesn't sound correct. Are you that's what they said was the reason for CGC holding onto the books?

For example, the books are graded but not encapsulated yet? Something along those lines?

"Although they were graded early, the order still requires the 40 business days before it will be shipped."

To me that says it all right there. When I griped about this policy in a return e-mail I got no answer whatsoever. So I guess we get answers as long as we praise them but as soon as we disagree with something we get ignored. And it takes 2 weeks for books to be encapsulated and shipped after they're graded? I think not!

Shark

Mike

"Although they were graded early, the order still requires the 40 business days before it will be shipped."

To me that says it all right there. When I griped about this policy in a return e-mail I got no answer whatsoever. So I guess we get answers as long as we praise them but as soon as we disagree with something we get ignored. And it takes 2 weeks for books to be encapsulated and shipped after they're graded? I think not!

Waiting a week or more for books to be encapsulated after being given a grade is not uncommon. I have had it happen many times to me. And I have had book mailed back ahead of schedule as well.

Shark

Mike

Waiting a week or more for books to be encapsulated after being given a grade is not uncommon. I have had it happen many times to me. And I have had book mailed back ahead of schedule as well.

Joey....a week I can see. But she (CGC) is saying that they HAVE to wait until the 40 business days are up before they can ship the comics. THAT is what I have the problem with. It has been at least 6 or 7 business days since they were graded and I have to wait an additional 2 weeks before they ship? :censored::frustrated::mad:

Shark

Shark

Mike

Joey....a week I can see. But she (CGC) is saying that they HAVE to wait until the 40 business days are up before they can ship the comics. THAT is what I have the problem with. It has been at least 6 or 7 business days since they were graded and I have to wait an additional 2 weeks before they ship? :censored::frustrated::mad:

Shark

hm Why store hundreds or thousands of books until a date, why not send them out once they are done? I have never encountered that. I usually get my books back on time. I can see some of the logic behind it. Why pay for fast track if you get your books in 25-30 days if you just send them in Value Tier. I can see this from CGC's side as well as yours.

Are they running behind on moderns again?

Unsure. (shrug)

2yucb6h.jpg

I have books that arrived and were received on 11/13 and have been verified for just about a week. Assuming they did not work the Friday after Thanksgiving and they took the Friday (14th) for the NY National show thats 13 working days.

Whats up with the books received on the 27th?

Are they running behind on moderns again?

Unsure. (shrug)

2yucb6h.jpg

I have books that arrived and were received on 11/13 and have been verified for just about a week. Assuming they did not work the Friday after Thanksgiving and they took the Friday (14th) for the NY National show thats 13 working days.

Whats up with the books received on the 27th?

Good eye Joe :applause:

I made a mistake on the 29 book pre-screen that was rec'd on the 27th. After the confusion was cleaned up, that invoice somehow (incorrectly) got bumped up to the top of the queue.

Also, all of the books that I submitted are moderns.