• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Cool. Sounds like you like the book, but also like to over-analyze it.

I can see most of what you are saying, particularly about Rick not realizing who he is talking to, but at the end of the day, it's just a comic to me. If it entertains, I'm good and I'm not going to kill something by looking for flaws.

Also, he hasn't killed off any of those undeveloped characters yet. I may be talking out of my , but it seems like he only kills off characters after they are well developed. Or if there are just too many characters (the twin girls) or they look alike (Andrea's sister).

I also can't really say that I have the urge to re-read 49+ over and over. I've read 1-48 probably 5 or 6 times and 49 on maybe twice. I'm not really sure why, but it's not because I don't enjoy it as much.

Cool. Sounds like you like the book, but also like to over-analyze it.

I can see most of what you are saying, particularly about Rick not realizing who he is talking to, but at the end of the day, it's just a comic to me. If it entertains, I'm good and I'm not going to kill something by looking for flaws.

Also, he hasn't killed off any of those undeveloped characters yet. I may be talking out of my , but it seems like he only kills off characters after they are well developed. Or if there are just too many characters (the twin girls) or they look alike (Andrea's sister).

I also can't really say that I have the urge to re-read 49+ over and over. I've read 1-48 probably 5 or 6 times and 49 on maybe twice. I'm not really sure why, but it's not because I don't enjoy it as much.

I don't know how I forgot about the twin girls getting decapitated! Wow I should really go back and re-read some. But you could tell that guy was not some white collar clown when they showed up, he just looked like he was whacko!

Looks like the Serbian variants have finally reached the Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-WALKING-DEAD-4-SERBIAN-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-ZOMBIES_W0QQitemZ250532473539QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54e62ac3

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-WALKING-DEAD-5-SERBIAN-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-ZOMBIES_W0QQitemZ250532471739QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54e623bb

Does anyone know martin1928? I ask because it looks like he's been here on the boards since he knows the print run is about 500.

Interesting, I've been waiting to see how these would do on ebay. I think they would need a 10 day auction with lots of hype and a thorough explanation in order to sell well, with more description about how very rare they are and hard to find, etc.

I can't predict if they will go high or low, anyone else want to try?

Edited by Kathryn

Oh, and btw, I just recently bought from martin1928 on ebay. I bought a couple of nice Agents #1 copies at ridiculous prices b/c he had the best condition I could find. It was when they got hot suddenly, so I'm thinking he must at least hang around here somewhat.

He was a great seller, accurate grader, fast/secure shipping, all of that, in case anyone's interested :)

could go either way. i think the average reader wouldn't care about print runs on foreign translations, but i personally have been known to keep an eye out on ebay.de for german editions of elfquest. i'm sure i'm not the only collector with an interest in things like that. it only takes two of them to drive the price of that WD up quite a bit

Interesting, I've been waiting to see how these would do on ebay. I think they would need a 10 day auction with lots of hype and a thorough explanation in order to sell well, with more description about how very rare they are and hard to find, etc.

Low, unless the guys from this board bid them up and fight for them. :baiting:

I doubt many others care about the foreign editions other than the people who've hyped them and bought into the hype here.

I'm guessing LOW.

People just don't know about them yet. Also, his auction is for books with different covers, so people could easily skip these auctions when they see the picture on a Walking Dead search. (Thinking it's from that old DC Comics series.)

I kind of hope it goes high, because I have an extra set to sell myself. However, I don't have #1 yet, so I don't want the cat to be let out of the bag yet so to speak until I get my copy of #1. (thumbs u

Low, unless the guys from this board bid them up and fight for them. :baiting:

I doubt many others care about the foreign editions other than the people who've hyped them and bought into the hype here.

lol!

I think most people don't care about foreign editions in general. I have a few comics in foreign language I've picked up in airports that I know are worthless, just neat to have.

HOWEVER, the Walking Dead collectors seem to actively search out WD stuff. We seem to be more of the completest type. I do think these will hold some value when more people (other than those here on the boards) learn about these books.

Just look at Agents #6, Capes #1, and the #50 Variant.

The question is will they be $10, $20 or $50 books?

My guess is that #'s 1, 11 and 12 will be the most popular. #1 cause it's #1, and 11 and 12 because those are the highly sought after Invincible books. 2c

Looks like the Serbian variants have finally reached the Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-WALKING-DEAD-4-SERBIAN-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-ZOMBIES_W0QQitemZ250532473539QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54e62ac3

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-WALKING-DEAD-5-SERBIAN-VARIANT-KIRKMAN-ZOMBIES_W0QQitemZ250532471739QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54e623bb

Does anyone know martin1928? I ask because it looks like he's been here on the boards since he knows the print run is about 500.

I know Chris. We've both bought from each other, and he seems like a decent guy.

I came to the game late as you all know, I'm going to get the TPBs that come out because I originally started picking up my run in the TPBs. Right now I only have 61-67 in comic form and at some point I hope to get the first 60 because this seems like a title that could be ongoing for some time and it's a contemporary title unlike the Spider-Man and Batman titles, I can get these that started in my mid 20s (and it's an awesome read!) and collect them until they end or the rest of my life, (whichever comes first), BUT my completionist side in NO WAY has a desire to own books that are in a language that I can not read. I'm posting this not to thread dump, but to point out that there's likely collectors like me that will look at you guys with a puzzled expression on our face and say "Really? The Serbian prints? Really?"

7301.dl.jpg

Edited by comicalgems

I'm posting this not to thread dump, but to point out that there's likely collectors like me that will look at you guys with a puzzled expression on our face and say "Really? The Serbian prints? Really?"

lol

I like that bit with Seth and Amy - I wish Amy was still on every week.

But I also like the Serbian prints. I was intrigued by them although to be honest, the thought of owning a comic in a foreign language I could never read did seem pretty weird. When I got my set though, I was surprised at how fun it was to have them. They are just cool! I mean, you could say that about anything, you know - there are many comics that people collect (in English!) that would make me say "Really!?!"

I don't expect them to sell well on ebay yet, to be honest, but I think one day they probably will.

I came to the game late as you all know, I'm going to get the TPBs that come out because I originally started picking up my run in the TPBs. Right now I only have 61-67 in comic form and at some point I hope to get the first 60 because this seems like a title that could be ongoing for some time and it's a contemporary title unlike the Spider-Man and Batman titles, I can get these that started in my mid 20s (and it's an awesome read!) and collect them until they end or the rest of my life, (whichever comes first), BUT my completionist side in NO WAY has a desire to own books that are in a language that I can not read. I'm posting this not to thread dump, but to point out that there's likely collectors like me that will look at you guys with a puzzled expression on our face and say "Really? The Serbian prints? Really?"

7301.dl.jpg

Once I get the Serbians in CGC slabs, it won't matter that they are in a foreign language :baiting:

7301.dl.jpg

Once I get the Serbians in CGC slabs, it won't matter that they are in a foreign language :baiting:

Especially in 9.8?

Oh, and btw, I just recently bought from martin1928 on ebay. I bought a couple of nice Agents #1 copies at ridiculous prices b/c he had the best condition I could find. It was when they got hot suddenly, so I'm thinking he must at least hang around here somewhat.

He was a great seller, accurate grader, fast/secure shipping, all of that, in case anyone's interested :)

Hope that's a typo, if you bought Agents #1 for cheap, it's because you want Agents #6 for the Walking Dead preview.

:eek:

Ha, sorry it was a typo. I meant #6, I just mixed it up with Capes #1, I'm waiting on a couple of copies of those and have it on my mind.

And I didn't mean I bought it cheap, by ridiculous prices I meant I am sure I overpaid, but the copies were so nice I couldn't help myself :) Sorry for any confusion.

Now if I could only get copies of Serbian WD #1 and 2, my life would be complete lol.

Nice copies Gav. I don't know quite what it is about them but when I opened mine up, I was shocked at how cool I thought they were, I didn't expect to have such an immediate liking for them.