• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Hi,

Since I'm far too lazy to use the search function after looking through the last few pages I thought I'd share this little WD nugget from AICN. It's a conversation/interview with stinky fatboy harry knowles and some special effects guy and talk turned to...

"He first produced a zombie that he's working on for THE WALKING DEAD - I haven't seen any of KNB's work for this VERY anticipated show from AMC and Darabont. Any concern about this show not adapting the more ghoulish aspects of THE WALKING DEAD. Well, I haven't seen such an awesome cadaverous Zombie since RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD or... even LIFEFORCE. Only... this was mixed with more "wet" than either of those. We're talking very cool work here. The glimpse raised my already high expectations. Can't wait to see what Frank does with this - and hopefully we'll get some glimpses to share with you shortly!

But as Greg put the zombie down... And moved ever so slightly to his left... We could see further back into KNB - and there... clearly in the background was something they were working on, obviously, for THE THING prequel. This thing was right out of Bottin's THE THING. Two heads split and joined by that stretching, warping slimey muscle... "what is that" "that's human, that's human" and That is decidedly not. I'm still scared less by this project, but just seeing that one head. well, two heads with alot of gross between the two... Let's just say, I'm cautiously optimistic now. "

FULL STORY HERE:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45128

Can't wait for this issue :banana:

What does everyone think about Douglas...

Big character or not?

Why do you care :baiting:

I think he will be semi major charactor, I can see him being important for a while but dispensable quite quickly (shrug)

Edited by gaz2810i

Do we think Davidson will be a drawn out affair or one that will come too light very soon? (shrug)

I think it would be cool if everything got slowly revealed over time, maybe 6 issues min! I really like the calmness of the recent issues as everyone gets settled in, but with Paranioa setting in and everone starting to distrust one another, I can't see it ending well

Very, very interesting...

I knew it.....Douglas isn't even his real name!!!!

SOMEBODY GOT HIMSELF A COVER STORY AND A HAIR CUT

tim_meadows_the_ladies_man_002.jpg

Can't wait for this issue :banana::insane:

What does everyone think about Douglas...

Big character or not?

Why do you care :baiting:

I think he will be semi major charactor, I can see him being important for a while but dispensable quite quickly (shrug)

:slapfight::shy:

Douglas is Davidson hm

Very, very interesting...

I knew it.....Douglas isn't even his real name!!!!

SOMEBODY GOT HIMSELF A COVER STORY AND A HAIR CUT

tim_meadows_the_ladies_man_002.jpg

What is love? What is this longing in our hearts for togetherness? Is it not the sweetest flower? Does not this flower of love have the fragrant aroma of fine, fine diamonds? Does not the wind love the dirt? Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to? Are you with someone tonight? Do not question your love. Take your lover by the hand. Release the power within yourself. Your heard me, release the power. Tame the wild cosmos with a whisper. Conquer heaven with one intimate caress. That's right don't be shy. Whip out everything you got and do it in the butt. By DAVIDSON!!!

I think they're trying to see how many issues they can make a zombie title go without showing a zombie.

I'm past due for something to happen. I think Kirkman's lost his passion for this title.

I think they're trying to see how many issues they can make a zombie title go without showing a zombie.

I'm past due for something to happen. I think Kirkman's lost his passion for this title.

I disagree. This book, to paraphrase Kirkman, isn't just about zombies. I like this title more with each book that comes out because of the fact that it is telling a story that goes beyond just "kill zombie, run from zombies, make last stand."

I disagree. This book, to paraphrase Kirkman, isn't just about zombies. I like this title more with each book that comes out because of the fact that it is telling a story that goes beyond just "kill zombie, run from zombies, make last stand."

It's a good thing the story goes beyond it because there's pretty much none of that in this series all the way back to issue one. It's both confounding and enthralling at the same time.

I agreed with this for pretty much the entire "Hunters" storyline and the first few issues of this arc but I am starting to get back into it now. The story is finally moving again.

I agreed with this for pretty much the entire "Hunters" storyline and the first few issues of this arc but I am starting to get back into it now. The story is finally moving again.

Up until now they've had 4 to 5 issue building up to something significant. I guess they just haven't had anything significant in a long time and I'm ready for it to happen.

+1 :headbang: