• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

First Miami, now Maryland. Walkers Everywhere!

Zombies!

I love how the guy responded after his roommate found hands and a head in the basement..... "They aren't human remains."

Really? What kind of animal has opposable thumbs and looks like your missing roommate?

Edited by jaster-mereel

What's with the 1st Walking Dead Vannen watch x/250 ... they were selling for abour $150 a few weeks ago ... in the last two weeks or so there's been one for sale and the price has increased from $799 to $899. I've communicated with the seller about the price and he acts like I'm crazy for even suggesting that a lower price would be more reasonable. In fact, I feel like I inspired him to jack up the price tag by suggesting that he a lower price, comparable to the prior sales would be more reasonable. Am I missing something? This isn't the one with the original sketch from either Adlard or Kirkman (in fact one of the original sketch watches - not sure whose sold for around $500-$600 if my memory is correct).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-Vannen-Watch-Extremely-Limited-176-250-Last-best-offer-650-/140760542542?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c5fb6d4e

Help me out here, guys.

I just got back #97 from CGC -- 9.8. Yet there's two weird things about this one. It's in a hugely THICK plastic case (why would CGC pack it in a thick case for such a thin book)...and what in the HECK is that piece of paper sticking out of the top of the book? Does CGC put in moisture paper in the front cover of graded books?

Strange.

WP_000211.jpg

Not sure about the case, looks like it's was put in a 9.9 to 10 holder really, but the paper sticking out of the book is micro-chamber paper. It's a normal thing that goes in these slabs to protect the inner pages from pollutants and such. It's too bad the paper is sticking out like it is.

That I'm not sure about anymore. I'm sure someone passing through will have that answer. Haven't cracked open many in about five years. :)

Maybe a homemade remedy to fix this issue too. But, do not bang it on a corner with those kinds of inner wells. Might cause shaken comic syndrome damage.

The thicker cases are generally for books that are thicker then normal. A prestige format or book with quite a few added pages. This book does not belong in a thick case clearly. Call CGC and ask what can be done...

I'll do that -- I've received a few over the last few months -- thin normal length comics in the thicker case. Wonder if they were either out of the thinner ones or they're secretly giving me the bigger ones because they are playing favorites. :)

Or not.

I love this cover too. It's all about the soft grandma colors and stark blood and eyes. Love it!

Phillips' cover should be cool.

twd100coverquitelyjpg-d90135_800w.jpg

Love it! Has that 50's B movie vibe going on. I think Sean Phillips cover will blow the rest away though.

I hate at first the newer graded books don't get any notes as in random appearances or deaths. Then the same books that get slabbed a few months later have better notes attached to them. :baiting:

This is almost biblical. Where's Bill Murray when you need him...

Too late...they already got him. :ohnoez:

zombieland_288x288.jpg