• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/#ixzz1wNjUEGub

I'm jumping off reading this now.

At first it was great - really cool to see the characters develop and yeah, even die.

But all that's happening now is its the same plot again and again, just moved on to a different locale. They move on, they settle down, up comes a new threat, some characters get killed. rinse and repeat.

Plus the actual zombies are very much bit part players now.

Hate to say it but the most exciting comic of the last ten years is actually quite boring.

Plus, the art is atrocious! If the guy can't keep up a decent quality due to time constraints then draft in some help. Sometimes it's a bloody good thing Rick only has the one hand just so's you can tell who he is.

I hear you on the art, but that's pretty much been the case for 8 years now. It was a bit more tolerable early on when he was using full-size art boards, and it's certainly deteriorated since then, but the art has never been "good".

I hear you on the art, but that's pretty much been the case for 8 years now. It was a bit more tolerable early on when he was using full-size art boards, and it's certainly deteriorated since then, but the art has never been "good".

I'll be the first to say Adlard's work is sometimes downright schoolkid doodle bad (see this post: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=5706022 )

But at other times he is simply brilliant - I am thinking his use of light / negative light and his depiction of nature (trees / clouds / sun )

I agree about pages circa 35~ and earlier are generally more well drawn though...

Opinion on paper quality?

Yes it does seem different. It looks like the same paper that was used on Manhattan Projects #3, Skullkickers #14. It's kind of matte/shiny almost. I think i first noticed this paper stock on CRIMINAL: Last of the Innocent. It's being used on FATALE as well. Personally I really like it because it cuts down on glare. I wish all the books used it.

I don't think 98 will be a "key" issue. After all Kirkman did warn us about the outcome in the Letter Hacks of issue 93.

The line about a certain someone showing up in the tv series?

What is the purpose of this every three week deadline? To make sure #100 is out in time for San Diego? :screwy:

Jim

Hawk-

Speaking as someone who has had a crossbow arrow through my skull and eye socket...

I was able to finish laundry, make dinner and run 4 miles before it set in fully.

It was as realistic as can be...plus Abraham had to finish his dialogue...part of his contract

I think sometimes the brain take a while to realize there's a trauma or for it register, like when in shock. Similar to when Karl was able to ask for his Dad after getting his eye blown off. Anybody here with enough medical experience to fill us in?

A couple issue points:

1 - It looks like it's not Daryl on the cover of issue 101, but Dwight. I'm still holding out hope that Daryl and Merle are coming to the rescue.

2 - I had a tough time telling Holly and Spencer (think it was him) apart this issue. Adlard's art looked very rushed.

3 - Issue 53 does contain the 1st appearance of Eugene, who would transition over to the show better then Abraham, I think