• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

yeah the art was really poor, there was one frame where a person didn't even have a mouth drawn in...when does Moore take over the drawing duties again.

I'd settle for Fred Hembeck right about now.

:jokealert:

The three weeks between books has taken its toll on the art, though.

Don't rag on my boy Hembeck (tsk)

IMG_1404-1.jpg

IMG_1407-1.jpg

IMG_1405-1.jpg

yeah the art was really poor, there was one frame where a person didn't even have a mouth drawn in...when does Moore take over the drawing duties again.

I'd settle for Fred Hembeck right about now.

:jokealert:

The three weeks between books has taken its toll on the art, though.

Don't rag on my boy Hembeck (tsk)

IMG_1405-1.jpg

Mea culpa. That's a nice cover recreation.

I guess I wouldn't mind a fill in issue.

Anyone else notice the spawn 222 cover swipe? Gonna have to pick that up it that's truly the cover!

Heck yea it's real and it looks sick! It really reminds me of the superhero variant cover for #50 which I'm in love with, it has that same style and it's beautiful.

It's already available for pre-order from Midtown.

Edit: Rehosted as I was hotlinking from a different site.

bY1lb.jpg

Edited by roastedbagel

Interesting cover .... Is that some sort of variant ?... Oh ...

Re #98 can't say I didn't see that one coming at this point though I sort of figured it wouldn't be happening .... D'oh

Which one of you pervs already snatched up the "naked Andrea butt" page?

Also, it appears there is a ghost on the OA page 9 of issue 98.

I would have snatched it up but it is only 60% of the booty compared to a full sized 11x17

Which one of you pervs already snatched up the "naked Andrea butt" page?

Also, it appears there is a ghost on the OA page 9 of issue 98.

I would have snatched it up but it is only 60% of the booty compared to a full sized 11x17

:roflmao:

I thought the art was actually good this issue compared to some previous issues.

2c

I also think people are buying those pages due to a couple things:

1) main character's last appearance

2) New set of characters

3) Sex and bare

4) A lot of zombies compared to other issues

Anyone else notice the spawn 222 cover swipe? Gonna have to pick that up it that's truly the cover!

Heck yea it's real and it looks sick! It really reminds me of the superhero variant cover for #50 which I'm in love with, it has that same style and it's beautiful.

It's already available for pre-order from Midtown.

Edit: Rehosted as I was hotlinking from a different site.

bY1lb.jpg

:takeit:

Gotta find me that OA :)

I guess, Abraham Ford is not untouchable... (RE:The Walking Dead Issue #98 Page #3 injured/dying and Page #16 eaten by a zombie)

Maybe he'll come back as some sort of hybrid zombie super hero, since they were dragging his body back (RE: The Walking Dead Issue #98 Page #21)

I still think he'd be a good character, even 'tho temporary if they follow the comic book mythology for the TV series.

Too bad for the comic book 'tho, I liked Abraham Ford as a character.

I'm glad to see Rick and Andrea together 'tho.

Is Abraham Ford considered by fans to be potentially one of the "untouchable" (who won't get killed off) characters along with what seems to be the core group of Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn and Andrea?

Is Abraham going to appear in the Walking Dead TV series?

POLL: Out of curiosity, which actor would be perfect casting for that role?

I totally agree.

In comic books, at least super hero books, the "death" is sometimes temporary (i.e. Phoenix, Superman, Captain America, etc.), so in fact can be reversed.

With 1st appearances, it's like breaking someone's virginity, there's only one true event :)

It only gets tricky when there's cameos and mentions that preceed the actual 1st Appearance (i.e. Mary Jane in Amazing Spider-Man, with her name mentioned and obstructed cameos)

The only time a Death issue can be big, is when the story is epic like Jim Starlin's "The Death of Captain Marvel" or classic like The Amazing Spider-Man #121-122 Death of Gwen Stacy and Death of Green Goblin.

I think the Death issues do carry a decent premium and are notable, but far from what 1st appearances command, generally speaking when it comes to big characters.

wouldnt everyone agree that death issues arent as big a money maker as first appearances of a big character....

The question also is... if The Walking Dead is seen as somewhat as a hobby flash in the pan with less sustainable staying power when it comes to current values escalading or maintaining...

It seems there's a lot of speculation that the Original Art is overpriced.

Will the 1st Printing Back Issues of the comic books (even CGC 9.8's signature series) start to drop just as fast or faster?

I keep thinking, although a signature series or high grade, even if there was a 10.0, might be rare, there are no print run or population report more scarce than Original Art, which is "one of a kind", so I'd think that the comic book artwork is a better investment than the comic books themselves for that reason alone.

I might be wrong 'tho since it's based on supply and demand, and it sounds like The Walking Dead is a "reader" book with more fans of the comics who read the stories, whereas with the original art, there's less fans of Charlie Adlard's artwork, so therefore less demand for it.

It's not luck...it's hype, pure and simple.

There are over 2000 Adlard pages out there (so far), most of which are only 9" x 12". This stuff is not rare and, as recently as six months ago, there were a ton of unsold pages at much lower prices. I will be shocked if these pages hold their value at current prices.

That was listed yesterday, after #98 was released, and it became quite clear that that was NOT Daryl Dixon on the cover. Hence the decision to sell, I guess. But it also makes the title and description suggesting Daryl's first appearance a bit misleading. Hope the buyer didn't buy it thinking he was getting something he wasn't.