• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Some with the full story - here it is:

Rick goes all -like and basically says nagans the man - we do it his way.

Lets the prisoner go.

Everyone argues like its the modern forum.

Minutes later Rick and Jesus leave Alexandria secretly to recapture prisoner and find out all he knows so that Rick can plan his counter attack.

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

Minutes later Rick and Jesus leave Alexandria secretly to recapture prisoner and find out all he knows so that Rick can plan his counter attack.

...aaaand it's going up on splash <3

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

Bloody hell - that was quick!

I wonder when Mark got these?

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

Bloody hell - that was quick!

I wonder when Mark got these?

He got them with 101 P15 upwards some time after SDCC. Edit: So a few days before you saw the 2nd lot of 101.

Edited by Garf

Is funny that Mark can get these from Skybound yet refuses to contact Charlie for signatures on the OA.

According to Hay, its because CA resides in the UK - but if he's selling for CA, surely he can phone him and go "Charlie - please sign each page".

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

I think the last sentence of your spoiler is wrong.

First, I'm pretty sure it's just Jesus that's going after Dwight (people would notice if Rick went missing...!), and secondly the plan is not to recapture and interrogate him, it's to follow him and find out where the Saviors are, how many of them, what they're doing etc.

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

Sold already! Those splash pages seem to go quick.

Andy,

I do not receive the art from Skybound. I receive the art from Charlie directly.

The logistics of the situation is this: Charlie didn't sign his pages when he would ship them from the UK to me here in the US. When people asked if I could get Charlie to sign pages that are ALREADY in my possession I would tell them it is not feasible as the art is in the US and Charlie is in the UK.

The only way would be if the customer wanted to pay for international shipping from me to Charlie and back from Charlie to the customer, which most people aren't going to want to do. Thus once it is in my possession, your best bet is to catch Charlie at a convention if you want his signature.

I DID ask Charlie if he would start signing all of his pages before he shipped them out to me. This started with issue 96. Unfortunately Charlie forgot to sign his issue 98 pages before he shipped them out as he's a busy guy. This is the only issue not signed after 98. All of the Iss 102 pages that will be available later tonight are signed.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, and asking me for clarification before making shots at me :)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Is funny that Mark can get these from Skybound yet refuses to contact Charlie for signatures on the OA.

According to Hay, its because CA resides in the UK - but if he's selling for CA, surely he can phone him and go "Charlie - please sign each page".

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

I missed it. How much was it?

Google it.

Theres at least6.

Lets the prisoner go.

I missed it. How much was it?

$650

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

Charlie does live in the UK so getting older pages signed would be a problem. Getting them signed is a "nice to have" feature but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. A lot of the older pages are not signed and posting them all to the UK then back to the US would cost a spoonload to insure and you risk having to pay customs for import and handling both ways as it would travel outside of the US and EU respectively.

The UK is a person_without_enough_empathy when it comes to this. They even include the postage costs if it is expressed in the sum total VAT calculation. Yes you can gift / label / sample stuff but you can still be technically shafted (posted here about this because it is happening to me right now... the tax man has his rubber glove on and is ready to pull my wallet out by any means necessary this thread p.s. gee thanks Pirate :D ). Fortunately the expected charges won't be as much as I initially thought. Can't say much yet though about it or if I will bother to claim back based on description.

Your best and worst chance would have been SDCC as Splash had a stand there and Charlie was also attending and handing over pages from #100 / #101. Taking the older pages from would have been a minor hassle but the other problem you face is that during Cons (especially major ones where there was the run up to #100) you are highly likely to get sidelined due to the workload everyone has before, during and after.

I think it's fair to say that Mark is nice enough to deal with the requests he can accomodate as long as it doesn't impact on his books/finance or arrangement with artists. Even if he can't do something you get a response and explanation.

2c

edit2: didn't see Mark's response to this before I posted... fair enough.

Edited by Garf

Andy,

I do not receive the art from Skybound. I receive the art from Charlie directly.

The logistics of the situation is this: Charlie didn't sign his pages when he would ship them from the UK to me here in the US. When people asked if I could get Charlie to sign pages that are ALREADY in my possession I would tell them it is not feasible as the art is in the US and Charlie is in the UK.

The only way would be if the customer wanted to pay for international shipping from me to Charlie and back from Charlie to the customer, which most people aren't going to want to do. Thus once it is in my possession, your best bet is to catch Charlie at a convention if you want his signature.

I DID ask Charlie if he would start signing all of his pages before he shipped them out to me. This started with issue 96. Unfortunately Charlie forgot to sign his issue 98 pages before he shipped them out as he's a busy guy. This is the only issue not signed after 98. All of the Iss 102 pages that will be available later tonight are signed.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, and asking me for clarification before making shots at me :)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

lol

OWNED

You could always ask Mark when Charlie is in America if he has any signings going on. Mark was kind enough to let me send my pages to him to get signed when Charlie was doing an event at his store in Texas.

Thanks again Mark.

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

My take is that purists want the OA as published. For me, it only matters with covers. I would never add a signature to a cover (including the artist if he didn't originally sign it). I want it as published. If others want to add a signature to the art, they can do so after they have purchased it. I would hope that nothing is added to the OA that I am interested in before having the opportunity to buy it.

I noticed a lot of duplicate (copied) panels this issue.

Counted 3 on one page (1 of the three appears to be the full image with the other two being scaled down).

Also, a lot of background characters had their heads in shadows again.

Isn't that what happens when an below average artist can't keep up with the workload? (shrug) reuse, reuse, reuse doh!