• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Cl

I'm curious why issue 105 art is higher priced than previous issues....

My guess is to compensate for the demand for Negan pages. Given what has happened with Governor pages, I think Mark is trying to be ahead of the curve and get full value for these pages.

Close, the pages are more expensive because he has to pay half of the proceeds to Negan as tribute.

Don't like the prices? blame the people flipping them on eBay 5 minutes after they receive it. Mark is just selling them for whatever the market will pay. If they are too high then nobody will buy them and the prices will eventually have to come down.

I blame Canada. :insane:

I am all caught up reading all back issues of WD. My last issue is sitting on my desk...105.

I'm actually a bit sad that after this one comic I will now have to wait monthly to keep reading this epic gem.

I haven't been this into a comic series since Spidey, FF and TOS SA books.

I came across the show and comic about 3 months ago and i've been into it ever since. I am late to the party but definitely not a "jumping on the band wagon" type of person. If I didn't like it....I wouldn't stay with it.

I've done that with other moderns...I start off with them but just don't stay with them as the writing or art get boring.

WD has continued to keep me interested every comic after comic. It's actually quite amazing when you consider how long I have collected and read comics.

A big thanks to Kirkman, Tony Moore, Adlard, etc....

I am saving 105 for tonight after work.

Don't like the prices? blame the people flipping them on eBay 5 minutes after they receive it. Mark is just selling them for whatever the market will pay. If they are too high then nobody will buy them and the prices will eventually have to come down.

what are you talking about?

Cl
I'm curious why issue 105 art is higher priced than previous issues....

My guess is to compensate for the demand for Negan pages. Given what has happened with Governor pages, I think Mark is trying to be ahead of the curve and get full value for these pages.

Close, the pages are more expensive because he has to pay half of the proceeds to Negan as tribute.

:roflmao:

I am all caught up reading all back issues of WD. My last issue is sitting on my desk...105.

I'm actually a bit sad that after this one comic I will now have to wait monthly to keep reading this epic gem.

I haven't been this into a comic series since Spidey, FF and TOS SA books.

I came across the show and comic about 3 months ago and i've been into it ever since. I am late to the party but definitely not a "jumping on the band wagon" type of person. If I didn't like it....I wouldn't stay with it.

I've done that with other moderns...I start off with them but just don't stay with them as the writing or art get boring.

WD has continued to keep me interested every comic after comic. It's actually quite amazing when you consider how long I have collected and read comics.

A big thanks to Kirkman, Tony Moore, Adlard, etc....

I am saving 105 for tonight after work.

I too have just started, as of the first season of WD. Hooked....now I'm on too WD OA.......You too will follow......There is no try, only DO!!!

I blame Canada. :insane:

Don't blame me, I let you guys fight for that small art spoon :roflmao:

Jim

lol @ war z for using Walking Dead images in their game..

and I almost bought it -- seems like everyone got a full refund after release because of promised in-game experiences that it didnt deliver -

at least steam is taking care of people --

id still like to play it though --

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/

lol @ war z for using Walking Dead images in their game..

and I almost bought it -- seems like everyone got a full refund after release because of promised in-game experiences that it didnt deliver -

at least steam is taking care of people --

id still like to play it though --

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/20/war-z-uses-images-taken-from-amcs-the-walking-dead/

The game is still quasi in development. I've been playing from the beginning and it has been receiving steady improvements and updates. It was pretty silly of them to try and sneak it onto Steam claiming features that were not yet available.

It's a fun game, it really is. It just seems rushed and lacks polish. I think the genre of a zombie survival mmo has HUGE potential and we will be seeing many more of these titles in the years to come. I will be playing WarZ for a while, at least until DayZ comes out. If you haven't had a chance to look at the Arma 3 engine...oh man, its effing nuts!

Sergey Titov is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person though. Through and through.

Edited by The Walking Dead

War Z is a damn scam and the developers shouldn't be making any money off it. They put together some mod on top of their already crappy game 'War Inc' and lied to people tell them this game has been in development for 'years'. They created it to piggyback on the success of Day Z. I don't like being lied to about features that are supposedly in the game. It was all just a quick cash grab.

Like you mentioned there is huge potential for a game like this. People want to play it so bad they all got sucked into the hype.

This guy called it 4 months ago.. if you bought this you should ask Steam for a refund. 2c

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I've had plenty fun with it, so I feel like I got my money's worth. Me and my buddy hunt together and chat using Mumble. It's a gratifying feeling killing and looting someone for all their hard earned loot. I wont lie, I've killed someone over a can of SPAM too.

Even for what it is, it's still playable and fun.