• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yes I know who he was. We talked on here. His feedback is steller. I would of had no problem buying from him, even if I didn't know. It's the peeps that have a score under 100 that I have the most problems with. Anyways I just can't justify 1200 right now.

I think I have bought more WD books off of Jeff than from anyone else off these boards or from eBay. I just look the other way to the whole Canadian thing. :insane:

Before these boards, i never would have sent the amount of money i did to Jeff and Jim simply because they were in Canada. That being said, i've sent them too much money as it is, but my collection is greatful :)lol

Dude, our countries are almost the same, as is our culture. We just get to enjoy more personal freedoms, and civil liberties than you do :D:foryou:

Jim

And we're the best country in the world, so yes, we agree!

Yes I know who he was. We talked on here. His feedback is steller. I would of had no problem buying from him, even if I didn't know. It's the peeps that have a score under 100 that I have the most problems with. Anyways I just can't justify 1200 right now.

I think I have bought more WD books off of Jeff than from anyone else off these boards or from eBay. I just look the other way to the whole Canadian thing. :insane:

Before these boards, i never would have sent the amount of money i did to Jeff and Jim simply because they were in Canada. That being said, i've sent them too much money as it is, but my collection is greatful :)lol

Dude, our countries are almost the same, as is our culture. We just get to enjoy more personal freedoms, and civil liberties than you do :D:foryou:

Jim

Except your military still rides around on horses..

:baiting:

Jim

The US is the best in the world. If you doubt it just ask an American. :fear:

Ok guys, I need someone to educate me. So many boardies seem to have vast CGC collections, which must cost a mint to have done. I have quite a few books I would consider slabbing, but my LCS says its about $50 for 1 book, $20 per additional book. So it would seem that a bulk order may be the best option, however that is not including the fast track so I should have my books back right about the time Carl becomes a man.

What is the best way to go about having your books slabbed for a reasonable (I know its not cheap) balance of time and money?

Ok guys, I need someone to educate me. So many boardies seem to have vast CGC collections, which must cost a mint to have done. I have quite a few books I would consider slabbing, but my LCS says its about $50 for 1 book, $20 per additional book. So it would seem that a bulk order may be the best option, however that is not including the fast track so I should have my books back right about the time Carl becomes a man.

What is the best way to go about having your books slabbed for a reasonable (I know its not cheap) balance of time and money?

Sign up for a membership and get three free submissions total cost barely over $100 then sub them yourself and cut out the LCS middleman.

If you sub at a Con, you avoid shipping at least one way. I usually sub about 10-20 when I do sub and it comes to about $25 or less. This is not fast tracking as I can live with waiting months.

If my grading is spot on at 9.8 and it's mostly been, then it saves me $$ rather than buying here.

:gossip: unless I want to upgrade to SS.

You should also consider

A) getting with a buddy or three to sub and defray shipping/grading costs.

B) going to another lcs that doesn't charge you $50 to grade one book. That's a ridiculous cost.

C) getting a sub with Beachbum for new WDs. Significantly cheaper than $50, fast tracked and other bonuses available.

Edited by Stumptown

If you sub at a Con, you avoid shipping at least one way. I usually sub about 10-20 when I do sub and it comes to about $25 or less. This is not fast tracking as I can live with waiting months.

If my grading is spot on at 9.8 and it's mostly been, then it saves me $$ rather than buying here.

:gossip: unless I want to upgrade to SS.

You should also consider

A) getting with a buddy or three to sub and defray shipping/grading costs.

B) going to another lcs that doesn't charge you $50 to grade one book. That's a ridiculous cost.

C) getting a sub with Beachbum for new WDs. Significantly cheaper than $50, fast tracked and other bonuses available.

Due to the CGC return shipping cost, the cost of slabbing a single book isn't that far from $50, actually.

Here's how it breaks down:

$16.20 (grading fee minus 10% discount)

$5 (invoice fee)

$25.50 (USPS return shipping for 1 book with the minimum amount of insurance).

Total of $46.70.

Add in another $5 to actually ship the book to CGC and you're looking at above $50.

There are certainly ways you can lower the cost - 20% discount vs 10% discount, using either UPS or your own shipping account for the return shipping, dropping the book off at a show, etc - but no matter what, a single book submission is always going to be pricey.

This may seem quite wankey - but it isn't.

You really need to make some contacts,find a good reliable one stop shop submitter.

Buy your comics pre-order

Research your own cheapest way to post back to you.

Do this and all the pieces will fall in together.

You have to work at finding the cheapest way to slab,just as you need to work to find great deals.

People here will kindly point you in the right direction,but no-one is going to hand all the info to you on a plate.

Stick around,ask the right questions and you'll get there!

Good luck mate! (thumbs u

I may have to bid on this.

image_zps270216fc.jpg

woah..me too. linky please :)

Auction ends in 5 minutes. I'll give you the link in 6. lol