• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

WD would do well to focus more on the core theme of the series...survival in a post-apocalyptic world

Wasn't that more the "year one" theme though? Obviously it's still relevant, but there's a definite thematic shift towards society building now.

The majority of the characters now are experienced survivors - see how rarely people are getting killed by zombies (I can't remember which issue the last zombie death was in).

Also no sure what you mean by "would do well" to - the series is more popular now than it's ever been!

do well meaning would draw me back into it :insane:

...would love to see a society getting built already...less negan ..more rebuilding...more of a focus on life after the zombies..would love to see WD focus more on exploring the rest of the map?...more missions on discovering other (FRIENDLY) groups..

or maybe WD needs a more serious spin-off :)

(thumbs u

I've been wanting since forever to bring in some active duty military into the mix. Rick and his group and Negan can survive all this time and not one encounter with one single military member or unit, no Green Berets or SEALs? Yes, it's just a comic.... :blahblah: but that would bring in a good mix to the storyline. Some actual bad@sses who know what they're doing and know how to survive almost anything. rantrant

Kara just announced on the Twitta that they'll no longer be doing eBay commissions, but will be listing them on their website, Twitta and FB

The same website where you send an e-mail and it takes 4 months for a response? :makepoint:

I wonder if they will be doing commissions for the Comic Con that the two of them are trying to get off the ground this year in Cincy?

I would think if they want this show to be a success they should be bending over backwards to do as many sketches/remarks and quick sketches as possible during the show.

Kara just announced on the Twitta that they'll no longer be doing eBay commissions, but will be listing them on their website, Twitta and FB

After getting my sketch, I told them that there was something fishy with the auction, and that my bid didn't go through the first few times. Is there blocking software available that people are using?

Either way, I'm happy I got the commission and Tony and Kara are wonderful people. $1,500 may be a bit much, but they don't need us, contrary to popular belief. They both kick , and hopefully I can get another commission down the road.

The same website where you send an e-mail and it takes 4 months for a response? :makepoint:

I wonder if they will be doing commissions for the Comic Con that the two of them are trying to get off the ground this year in Cincy?

I would think if they want this show to be a success they should be bending over backwards to do as many sketches/remarks and quick sketches as possible during the show.

Smart. No Ebay fees :gossip:

After getting my sketch, I told them that there was something fishy with the auction, and that my bid didn't go through the first few times. Is there blocking software available that people are using?

Either way, I'm happy I got the commission and Tony and Kara are wonderful people. $1,500 may be a bit much, but they don't need us, contrary to popular belief. They both kick , and hopefully I can get another commission down the road.

:cry: No,no,no.....tell me it's not true..they don't need us? :facepalm:

If there was such a thing as blocking software to stop others from bidding on eBay auctions then I would have the best Walking Dead collection in the world. :insane:

But no there is no such thing, it is called eBay's webpage sucks balls and doesn't always work well depending on the browser and computer.

Anyone wanna sell me a Walking Dead #48 that is a 9.8 or a good raw candidate to be a 9.8? Looking to add #6 to the running collection of Sig Series copies of this book but this one will be with the sigs of Lori and Hershel in honor of them dying in it. :)

Does anyone know if Kirkman, Adlard and Moore will be at this years SDCC? I would love to see about having someone get my 19 signed by all three and subbed.

Moore will be at SDCC, Charlie will be there, but only for a day or two. I'd assume that Kirkman will for the panels.

I've never send out a book to someone to have it signed and subbed. I'm not even sure where to start. I was planning to go to SDCC finally this year, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

I've never send out a book to someone to have it signed and subbed. I'm not even sure where to start. I was planning to go to SDCC finally this year, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.
I have a 19 signed by Kirkman and Adlard from last year. I think I'll have to sell to pay for a hotel this year.

Let me know if you go.

Jim,

you ever just sit and stare at your 48 OA Cover?

i literally spent a good five minutes staring at the "regular" version of the issue. i finally put a copy up on my wall, taking down the 100 wrap-around (which i loved last summer, but not anymore, 106 wrap is much better imo)

i just <3 that cover

Jim,

you ever just sit and stare at your 48 OA Cover?

i literally spent a good five minutes staring at the "regular" version of the issue. i finally put a copy up on my wall, taking down the 100 wrap-around (which i loved last summer, but not anymore, 106 wrap is much better imo)

i just <3 that cover

At this??? I like the 9.9 inside it as well!!! :cloud9:

00DAECE1-C03B-4FA2-8299-D427EF9093D8-889-000000B01DCE63D5.jpg

It never gets old...I love it. I need to find that matching guitar someday though :cloud9:

Jim