• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

For any of you volume dealers of Walking Dead, do you have any idea what you think this lot of comics might go for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261348397952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Not trying to pimp my auction, just wondering what to expect about closing price.

Also, you have pictures from far away and in bags.. so the [buyer] can't really get a good sense of the condition. This could hurt you

Fixed that (thumbs u

I have a #2 that I believe, and LCS owner agrees, has the potential to grade higher than 9.8, but I'm sitting down here in SA and I'm worried about shipping damage :pullhair:

Send it to me and I will take care of it for you..... :baiting:

The highest grade on the cgc cencus is 9.8.. hm .... Good score, if yours comes in higher. (thumbs u

Thanks James (thumbs u, if I decide to submit I'll have to use the most expensive shipping 'cause it's awful far to travel and I'd hate for it to drop a grade on the way :sorry:

Have a couple of those, sub issue 10, 27, 48, I'd also want to get graded

For any of you volume dealers of Walking Dead, do you have any idea what you think this lot of comics might go for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261348397952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Not trying to pimp my auction, just wondering what to expect about closing price.

Also, you have pictures from far away and in bags.. so the [buyer] can't really get a good sense of the condition. This could hurt you

Fixed that (thumbs u

whoops! thanks!

Hey everyone.

Wasn't Kirkman's OA on display this year at 2013 NYCC at a private gallery?

Doesn't he own the vast majority of OA?

And also I believe I was told from someone on here that Tony may still be in possession of #1 Cover?

:popcorn:

Not sure if they were exclusively Kirkman's. There were a lot of pages from issue 114, I believe, and then a lot of blown up reproductions, since some of the pieces were so small.

Kirkman does have a lot of art, as does Tony from the run he worked on, but I'd rather let them talk about what they own or don't own!

Hey everyone.

And also I believe I was told from someone on here that Tony may still be in possession of #1 Cover?

Hard telling....not knowing. :insane:

Hey everyone.

I don't think Kirkman has much early art, if any. I had him sign my Compendium cover a couple of years ago. When he saw it, I could see the light bulb going off in his head. He asked me a lot of questions about OA and the hobby in general. He told me that OA wasn't anything he had really considered before, mostly because he couldn't afford it. After that, he bought the #100 wraparound cover for himself. I'm sure he's gotten other pieces since.

Anyway, the vast majority of WD OA is in the hands of private collectors.

It's well-documented that Tony owns the #1 cover. I know he's gotten crazy offers in the past. But they seem a lot less crazy now. Smartest thing he ever did was not sell it.

Thanks Nexus and bffnut. Bjorn.

But 1 thing concerns me Nexus that you mentioned.

What do you mean Kirkman couldn't afford it? That's just crazy. I know damn well he makes WAY WAY WAY more money than I do and I own some sweet OA IMO.

It doesn't matter I really don't care what he makes. But I'll bet everything I own he CAN afford it. lol

Up until TWD, I can promise you he wasn't getting rich from writing Battle Pope and Jubilee!

I have a friend that's an incredible chef that pretty much never eats because they're more interested in the cooking and the creating rather than the end product. Maybe there's some symmetry there with Robert.

Nexus,

I won't go into what art Robert owns, but I think that you might have been tricked by his dry sense of humor.

Robert collects certain types of pieces and while he thankfully doesn't pickup the majority of originals, he does have a collection that any of us would be envious of.

I can't speak to what Tony still has, but I too have heard the rumors about him still having the #1 cover.

Sigh, why do the Lions disappoint so.... I was counting on them to help my Cowboys... They started off so promising. At least the snowbowl has been fun to watch.

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Robert owns plenty of art! If you've ever wondered why you haven't seen a piece or a cover, it is likely with him!

The Moore family still owns the cover to #1 and a few other covers. They have no interest in selling the cover to #1, as someone stated earlier, they have been offered great amounts but nothing that was Saudi Prince type money...

Edited by jonjesper

Robert owns plenty of art! If you've ever wondered why you haven't seen a piece or a cover, it is likely with him!

The Moore family still owns the cover to #1 and a few other covers. They have no interest in selling the cover to #1, as someone stated earlier, they have been offered great amounts but nothing that was Saudi Prince type money...

Oh yea Saudi Prince prices....... hm I think I could swing that

Saudi-Prince-Al-Waleed-bin-Talal_zps2de4708f.jpg