• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Did anyone even receive an Ebay mobile alert for this auction in such a short span of time?

Nexus got himself quite a page.

:acclaim:

Just got a PM from James J, so am confirming it here as well. I never would have seen this if a friend didn't send me the eBay link this morning. So (worship) to my buddy!

is anyone else concerned about counterfeit OA Pages?

I'm only concerned about the real ones....

There have been isolated cases of forgery in the past, but those instances have been rare. OA is actually not that easy to fake, as there's a published counterpart anyone can use for comparison. It's not easy to copy line-for-line, at least not freehand. Plus, anyone who's familiar with an artist's work can spot inconsistencies, when it comes to unpublished pieces.

Which is not to say that OA is foolproof. As OA becomes more valuable and brings more outside attention, this sort of thing is inevitable. For now, the odds are low, but always good to keep a watchful eye.

Did anyone even receive an Ebay mobile alert for this auction in such a short span of time?

Nexus got himself quite a page.

I feel some how cheated ....... :sorry:

lol

I'm sorry James. :sorry: I know your looking for Tony's pages.

Congrats to Nexus though, great page.

There have been isolated cases of forgery in the past, but those instances have been rare. OA is actually not that easy to fake, as there's a published counterpart anyone can use for comparison. It's not easy to copy line-for-line, at least not freehand. Plus, anyone who's familiar with an artist's work can spot inconsistencies, when it comes to unpublished pieces.

Which is not to say that OA is foolproof. As OA becomes more valuable and brings more outside attention, this sort of thing is inevitable. For now, the odds are low, but always good to keep a watchful eye.

Dude-- congrats on the page. For anyone thinking that was expensive, I can tell you right now that was a steal and an absolute no-brainer. It would've been awesome to have two back to back pages together from #1, so I am super jealous.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

Dude-- congrats on the page. For anyone thinking that was expensive, I can tell you right now that was a steal and an absolute no-brainer. It would've been awesome to have two back to back pages together from #1, so I am super jealous.

Stay Focused Bjorn! :baiting:lol j/k

Thanks! I have a soft spot for #1 pages...but only to a point. If values are out-of-whack, I'll gladly take a later page for less. For this particular page, I can't say if it was a steal or no-brainer. But compared to what a #1 9.9 goes for, and where brand new pages are priced...this was an OK value, relatively speaking.

Thanks! I have a soft spot for #1 pages...but only to a point. If values are out-of-whack, I'll gladly take a later page for less. For this particular page, I can't say if it was a steal or no-brainer. But compared to what a #1 9.9 goes for, and where brand new pages are priced...this was an OK value, relatively speaking.

EXACTLY. I agree with this 100%

Good point. Perhaps not too much for that page

Is this the first appearance of a zombie in the Walking Dead?

Is this the first appearance of a zombie in the Walking Dead?

Dead person, yes.

First zombie is on page 6 when he opens the cafeteria doors.

James. :baiting:

Congrats on the page btw Felix, it's a doozy!