• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I think the majority of people immediately ranting about the issue to begin with may have been the ones who were only going on a spoiler or synopsis. Maybe they would have had a different reaction had they read it page by page as intended without the spoiler. I think the issue reads quite well that way.

The situation certainly differs because Rick made sure Carl wasn't there to be used against him. To say that taking Negan out now after the speech in front of his men (and also a previous and very targeted effort to shut down the Saviors in a direct assault followed by their response) is an anti climax is a bit unfair. For Rick it seems to have always been about the positioning (waiting to attack, combining the factions) except when Carl went off on one and tried to gun them all down himself... at that point Rick had lost control. It's a pretty long arc to review based on the final panel of this issue.

Last couple pages seemed a bit silly and out of character for Negan

I agree. I thought Negan was stringing him along, just to do what Rick ended up doing to him! lol But, like Rick said, Negan is kinda dumb.

When I was reading the end I thought Negan was just messing with him. I was waiting for him to snap on Rick. Thinking it came down to à mind F on both their parts

I would have put good money on Negan just messing with him.

That was way out of character for him... who knows though, maybe he was planning to do what Rick did and just didn't get the chance.

I agree. I thought Negan was stringing him along, just to do what Rick ended up doing to him! lol But, like Rick said, Negan is kinda dumb.

When I was reading the end I thought Negan was just messing with him. I was waiting for him to snap on Rick. Thinking it came down to à mind F on both their parts

That was way out of character for him... who knows though, maybe he was planning to do what Rick did and just didn't get the chance.

Whoa, those are some awesome DD sketches in your sig. :)

I only have one, but it's by John Romita, Sr.

Whoa, those are some awesome DD sketches in your sig. :)

I only have one, but it's by John Romita, Sr.

Thanks! I've got a few more that I will probably eventually make a 3rd gif.

Can I see the JR Sr?

hm seems to be a lot of people moving up the WD registry.

Even a few back and forth battles. Anyone have a boat load getting graded?

Any interest in a WD Tribute cover set? Or a WD foreign set with all the foreign prints? A magazine set? hm crazy completest set with all of the above.

Any interest in a WD Tribute cover set? Or a WD foreign set with all the foreign prints? A magazine set? hm crazy completest set with all of the above.

Rank #21 :shy:

I do think a #1 reprint set would be good considering there's been so many as of late.

Junk.

I can't take it anymore :pullhair:

Milk that cow hard, I guess. (shrug)

I agree with some of the reprints no being so good. I feel that it will be a hole not filled if I don't get them. hm not sure if that sounded right lol

I do wish they would cut it back. Issue 100 killed me and so on and so on.

Guess I don't know any better since I don't collect any other comics. It's starting to feel normal to me......

I've been thinking about a #1 Cover tribute set....does any one have a list of all the Titles to look for?

I've been thinking about a #1 Cover tribute set....does any one have a list of all the Titles to look for?

I could not find a list.....wanted to start one but no time yet.

Can't find a list on the foreign variants either.

BTW sure you know but the are other tribute covers too...like 19