• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

Thoughts? hm

I think I wish I had 5K to splurge! I'd be all over that page like nobody's business! I don't collect OA, but that would be a cool page to own for sure...

I don't know if it's 5k, I was just guessing. For all I know it could be more or less. lol

But yeah it's a pretty sweet page.

It depends on the outcome of All Out War..right now 2-3k but if that is the blow that kills Negan then I would say the page goes up in value 2c

I'm in line with your thinking.Plus the fact some people might hold out on this page to see if there are going to be some death pages coming up. At least thats where Im at. Mark is Adlards rep and being such I would think Mark would know if Its the death blow. If it is I hm why it would not be held till the next issue to max the returns.

Thoughts? hm

I think I wish I had 5K to splurge! I'd be all over that page like nobody's business! I don't collect OA, but that would be a cool page to own for sure...

I don't know if it's 5k, I was just guessing. For all I know it could be more or less. lol

It depends on the outcome of All Out War..right now 2-3k but if that is the blow that kills Negan then I would say the page goes up in value 2c

I highly doubt that it's 2k-3k right now, look at the page he has of just Negans torso for $2k. Now add "the man Rick" and and a knife fight to the throat. $4k minimum

Does not matter the outcome, the price is still the price

Thoughts? hm

I highly doubt that it's 2k-3k right now, look at the page he has of just Negans torso for $2k. Now add "the man Rick" and and a knife fight to the throat. $4k minimum

There's a difference though between a completed sale and an item for sale with a price tag that hasn't sold. The 2K Negan splash may still be sitting because no one else thinks it's worth 2K.

With the "make an offer" option, the seller, or in this case Charlie/Mark, is looking to get one person to make an offer more than everyone else. That offer can be 5K, but the next higest offer was $3600. Which is it worth?

In the end the answer is always the same - it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Which I would agree with Doug's 2-3k assessment. At this point, How many Negan splashes have there been - a dozen? - let alone regular pages?

Edited by Phillip

Are you allowed to sell something like that with out permission from skybound? hm

:o dont tell me I did it twice ......In 24 hours

Your ok James. Your not in trouble. I'd buy one too if I had the chance. I totally missed that. :sorry:

As a consumer, it doesn't matter. I would have loved to have seen this earlier.

Thoughts? hm

There's a difference though between a completed sale and an item for sale with a price tag that hasn't sold. The 2K Negan splash may still be sitting because no one else thinks it's worth 2K.

With the "make an offer" option, the seller, or in this case Charlie/Mark, is looking to get one person to make an offer more than everyone else. That offer can be 5K, but the next higest offer was $3600. Which is it worth?

In the end the answer is always the same - it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Oh I totally agree. But that doesn't mean Charlie/Mark will come down on the price. So there it will sit until someone buys it or C/M lowers the price (which I have never seen) I have only seen the price come down ONCE in the whole time I have been going on splashpage site. And that piece sits at my house. (long story) When I asked about prices from Mark about covers he told me what he was looking for and I agreed and the sale was done. So yes the price will still be in Marks head what he and Charlie want to sell it for, if no one is willing to give the dealer/artist the price then they won't own it. All I am saying is that, I would bet that it doesn't sell for less than 4k-5k. But we may never know because it's a "make offer" piece. Which I don't like cause I am bad at making offers, knowing I don't want to pay high but I also don't want to insult the artist/dealer. My offer? $1500 Mark that's my offer email me if you will take that. lol

I'd like to take this opp to guess how much this page goes for.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=28789&ArtistId=84&Details=1&Mag=Walking+Dead&From=TDetail

Mark's words. (I kinda agree)

"This splash page is one of the best Walking Dead images done so far!"

I say it goes for $5k

Thoughts?

:popcorn:

Two things:

1. The OA with inks and pencils has really thrown me off. Not sure how to price things accordingly now.

2. That piece is nice, but it's only TRULY memorable once we see what happens in the next issue.

Thoughts? hm

I don't see this page going for less than $4K...

Thoughts? hm

I don't see this page going for less than $4K...

Thank you!!!! Finally someones got my back