• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I was hoping so...I think I can hold out till the release in October. Pretty cool looking

I know right?!? But I ordered the painted one, looks so bada$$ compared to the grey one IMO. It's going right on top of my mantle in the living room. Can't freaking wait! I love October, favorite month. :cloud9:

The point of a shill in this case would be to establish a public sale at a certain (high) price point, to encourage other bidders to jump at an opportunity to pay in the same ballpark next time one is listed.

I'm not saying this is a shill - just explaining how it would work.

The point of a shill in this case would be to establish a public sale at a certain (high) price point, to encourage other bidders to jump at an opportunity to pay in the same ballpark next time one is listed.

I'm not saying this is a shill - just explaining how it would work.

Thanks Court (thumbs u

just seems like it would be more difficult for it to pay off with such a low quantity. But I guess you only have to sell 1 to make a nice profit.

On the contrary, I think it would be easier to pull off with such a low quantity. If the quantity was higher, eBay might become flooded with them, thereby increasing available supply. In this case, though, a potential shill would then just list the "real" auction to move his one statue at a substantial profit.

Again, strictly hypothetical - I have no reason to believe this is actually a shill auction. Just need to take every auction result with a grain of salt.