• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

My Rick statue came in today and by god this thing is badass. Rick and Michonne are going to look great next to each other tearing up walkers. I can't wait to see what McFarlane Toys cooks up for next years statue.

My Rick statue came in today and by god this thing is badass. Rick and Michonne are going to look great next to each other tearing up walkers. I can't wait to see what McFarlane Toys cooks up for next years statue.

We got ours in today too. We shot a quick unboxing video. We'll post it up shortly.

-shawn

We got ours in today too. We shot a quick unboxing video. We'll post it up shortly.

-shawn

Betty Boop has no idea wtf is going on.

IMG_0029_zps244a1db6.jpg

-shawn

Betty Boop has no idea wtf is going on.

IMG_0029_zps244a1db6.jpg

:applause:

:roflmao:

nice.. can't wait for my to get here :grin:

hm Bernie holding on the edge of the shipping container which is in motion of tipping over on its side. Horses reared up on two legs. Walkiers all around, some reaching up to catch Bernie.......

hm Bernie holding on the edge of the shipping container which is in motion of tipping over on its side. Horses reared up on two legs. Walkiers all around, some reaching up to catch Bernie.......

Sounds about right. He's not dead... he's just an old rocker that enjoys a bit of crowd surfing ;)

Waiting for mine to be shipped. I can't wait to see this up close. If anybody can put up a video or some pics that would be awesome. It's gonna be a while till i get this..

Cool avatar.........

thanks its a walking dead sketch cover i own..

You have my attention...

Ok so some of you may know and not know that I have been working on something secret with the WD. Well today I am finally ready to unveil the secret. lol

I have been for the last couple of months, making a WD table top similar to the one I have here on my CAF. Only the one I have is all Tony Moore panels from 1-6. The maker was a guy named Mike Ruddy, thanks to Jerry for introducing me to him. (thumbs u

I decided that I would like to make an All Charlie Adlard table with all his art. But I also wanted a theme. So I put together a table featuring the All Out War issues 115-126. I also took the second printing of 115 cover and removed the staples and opened it up and put it right in the middle of the table. This is by far the sickest thing Adlard has ever drawn and I love it so much. Plus the color cover adds a little life to the table with the B&W surrounding panels. I have used real first print issue for this table. Except 115 second print.

This was my first attempt at pouring resin, I just researched some videos and learned a little. I had my girlfriend help me on this project. So some of the credit goes to her too.

I'm pretty good with my hands and can do some handy man things around the house, so I thought this would go well.

Boy was I wrong. :o

First I bought a 48x24" table from Ikea. Then I got the books and started cutting up the panels. Laid them out in a fashion that I thought would look good to me. Used a spray adhesive to lay the panels on the wood, should have used the paste glue and brushed them down :doh: Then I built a frame around the table and put plastic visqueen on the inside frame, then put the table on top. My thinking was that when I pour the resin it would run perfectly to the edge. Well that didn't happen. The resin went up underneath the table and some of it bunched up due to the plastic not being tight around the wood frame. I did not want to put fir strips around the table edge cause I didn't want to make holes on the side of the table. I am sure there is a better way, but next time I am just going to pour the resin so it falls over the edge all the way around. Also I should have used a plumbers torch to get all the bubbles out. There are some bubbles that surfaced but I am ok with this.

All in all I think the table came out ok, nothing perfect that someone would pay money for. But maybe next time I can sell one. :shy: I am going to make another one soon but with a smaller table, like an end table. From about 5 feet away it looks amazing. Gonna hang it on my wall.

Anyways pictures below for your enjoyment. Hope you guys/gals enjoy. Thanks for looking. ;)

WDPROJECT1_zps1e3995c9.jpg

WDPROJECT2_zpsf45e21b3.jpg

WDPROJECT3_zpse4e8045b.jpg

WDPROJECT4_zps4a99bb63.jpg

WDPROJECT5_zps426655cf.jpg

WDPROJECT6_zps2f83b8cb.jpg

WDPROJECT7_zps396a2ed6.jpg

WDPROJECT9_zpsa67d4d11.jpg

WDPROJECT10_zps5fdda025.jpg

WDPROJECT11_zps252f5ca1.jpg

WDPROJECT12_zpsec528cc8.jpg

WDPROJECT13_zpsaeed2400.jpg

Waiting for mine to be shipped. I can't wait to see this up close. If anybody can put up a video or some pics that would be awesome. It's gonna be a while till i get this..

Cool avatar.........

thanks its a walking dead sketch cover i own..

Nice...I remember when you posted the sketch here...thats what I thought.

But for me to go back in the thread to find it would of been :pullhair: