• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

i'm really surprised at the lack of promotion for the rick statue. the michonne statue got a fair bit of promo, Mcfarlane even did a video before it came out detailing the statue. wish there was more online about it..

+1

I gotta agree here; both Skybound and McFarlane Toys could've done a better job promoting this one. I remember the Michonne statue was everywhere, including that video you mentioned.

Maybe they slacked a bit thinking "hey, it's Rick 'effin' Grimes, it'll sell itself!" :shrug:

i'm really surprised at the lack of promotion for the rick statue. the michonne statue got a fair bit of promo, Mcfarlane even did a video before it came out detailing the statue. wish there was more online about it..

+1

I gotta agree here; both Skybound and McFarlane Toys could've done a better job promoting this one. I remember the Michonne statue was everywhere, including that video you mentioned.

Maybe they slacked a bit thinking "hey, it's Rick 'effin' Grimes, it'll sell itself!" :shrug:

i wouldn't be surprised if some people did't even know about it. hell, i bought the damn thing and even i didnt know the release datetill it shipped.. weird..

Last week I bought a #8 from eBay. I message the seller first to make sure it was a first print. He assured me it was..

I received the book this week. I opened it immediately to check the printing.... It was a second print. :mad:

So I had the seller give me a refund.. and I put that towards a different #8 on eBay. I made sure to message this new seller to confirm it was a first print. The new seller confirmed that it was. So I received it today, opened it...... Another Second F'n Print!! :frustrated:

WTF!!!!!

love that second print!

I know.. but I don't need two second prints when I don't even have one first print!

I really wish there was a way to tell by the front cover :(

I just don't understand why two separate buyers would tell me it was a first print via message. Wouldn't you make sure before just saying yes?..ugh

love that second print!

I know.. but I don't need two second prints when I don't even have one first print!

I just don't understand why two separate buyers would tell me it was a first print via message. Wouldn't you make sure before just saying yes?..ugh

Happened to me too man. Kept it and got another one first print

love that second print!

I kept the first one that was wrong.. just had the seller give me a significant partial refund..

I'll have to return this new one.. I just feel like all the first prints on eBay are actually second prints.

Anyone have a first print for sale?

has anyone who ordered the Mcfarlane Rick Grimes Resin Proof statue, limited to 50, received it yet. Seems like it might be a bit delayed, at least mine is.

At NYCC I ended up chatting with a guy at the McFarlane booth whom I initially thought was just a sales rep. However after he introduced himself I learned that he is involved with day-to-day operations and marketing or something along those lines for McFarlane Toys. I cannot remember his name, but when I told him how excited I was to get the Rick Grimes statue, he said I should expect for it to mail out in a couple of weeks. I told him I'd preordered the AP version and he informed me that there was a "quality control" issue and a mistake made that will cause the artist proof statues to ship at least a couple of weeks later than the painted ones. He asked me not to share all specific details he'd made me privy to, but that I could say what I just did. 

Last week I bought a #8 from eBay. I message the seller first to make sure it was a first print. He assured me it was..

I received the book this week. I opened it immediately to check the printing.... It was a second print. :mad:

So I had the seller give me a refund.. and I put that towards a different #8 on eBay. I made sure to message this new seller to confirm it was a first print. The new seller confirmed that it was. So I received it today, opened it...... Another Second F'n Print!! :frustrated:

WTF!!!!!

You should be able to tell the printing by looking at the UPC box. The second print has 00812 inside the box.

That is, if they're showing the actual image in the listing.

WTF!!!!!

You should be able to tell the printing by looking at the UPC box. The second print has 00812 inside the box.

Wow that's great info.. I never knew that!

Thank you!

WTF!!!!!

Wow that's great info.. I never knew that!

Thank you!

Glad I could help.

has anyone who ordered the Mcfarlane Rick Grimes Resin Proof statue, limited to 50, received it yet. Seems like it might be a bit delayed, at least mine is.

I ordered two..........no luck yet :sorry:

2?!?!?! :o

I got the colored one cause it's just cool. Delivery Date Monday 11/10/2014

:whee:

love that second print!

I kept the first one that was wrong.. just had the seller give me a significant partial refund..

I'll have to return this new one.. I just feel like all the first prints on eBay are actually second prints.

Anyone have a first print for sale?

What grade are you after?