• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I actually kind of dig it. People LOVE to pile onto Liefeld, but to me, that's actually pretty sweet.

Also, I the WD Michonne statue has two swords, and no one batted an eye.

It's def not the worst Liefeld art; in fact it isn't bad, I kinda like it and you're right, peeps are quick to pile on him, but I think there's enough reason to. lol

Regarding the Michonne McFarlane statue, I remember a ton of fans griped about the fact she's holding two swords. I didn't care, particularly not after having read this from a Kirkman interview:

“Michonne is a very cool character – she’s definitely the most action-oriented character from the series, and I really liked the idea of letting the McFarlane team run wild, and do their own take on Michonne, something that wasn’t necessarily completely accurate with the way Michonne exists – having two swords, and just going at it and doing something that’s a lot more over-the-top than what we usually do with 'The Walking Dead.' And they turned it into a really cool statue.”

Edited by ebtorres

I actually kind of dig it. People LOVE to pile onto Liefeld, but to me, that's actually pretty sweet.

The reason I didn't buy the Michonne statue was because of the two swords ...and personally I do not mind Liefeld's work and can't take away from what he has done for the comic industry. But all his male characters look the same.

No feet --- check

Gun from the future -- check

body building zombies -- check

naked zombies -- check

pouches -- check (you know Rick has some)

2c

It's def not the worst Liefeld art; in fact it isn't bad, I kinda like it and you're right, peeps are quick to pile on him, but I think there's enough reason to. lol

Regarding the Michonne McFarlane statue, I remember a ton of fans griped about the fact she's holding two swords. I didn't care, particularly not after having read this from a Kirkman interview:

“Michonne is a very cool character – she’s definitely the most action-oriented character from the series, and I really liked the idea of letting the McFarlane team run wild, and do their own take on Michonne, something that wasn’t necessarily completely accurate with the way Michonne exists – having two swords, and just going at it and doing something that’s a lot more over-the-top than what we usually do with 'The Walking Dead.' And they turned it into a really cool statue.”

Kirkman probably hates the statue. I feel that he is in control way more than I think he is. If he makes people believe he likes it then they sell.

That cover is garbage. Rick looks like Cable, Michonne looks like Elektra, and Carl is the one shooting the ray gun, and they are all invading a gym, cause Carl scouted it out and saw that they had power bars still in the vending machines, hence the muscle bound zombies. :sick:

Kirkman probably hates the statue. I feel that he is in control way more than I think he is. If he makes people beleive he likes it then they sell.

That cover is garbage. Rick looks like Cable, Michonne looks like Elektra, and Carl is the one shooting the ray gun, and they are all invading a gym, cause Carl scouted it out and saw that they had power bars still in the vending machines, hence the muscle bound zombies. :sick:

:roflmao:

Did anybody else notice the little triangular 'space' underneath Michonne's foot (in between the two zombies) that matches he background? Has she gained the ability to fly now, I take it?

If she wasn't BA enough beforehand, now she can fly. #michonne4president