• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

How come on the registry, #61 9.8 blue is 200 points. But a #92 is only 48?

Jesus is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better character than Gabriel.

wtf? This makes no sense. Is it because he's in the show first?

p.s. I found a #2 CGC 9.8 MINE :sumo::banana:

I agree that the 1st appearance of Jesus warrants a higher point value (along with some other issues in the set).

I also thought of you when I saw that #2 pop up (I was getting ready to watch Avengers 2 when it was listed and I thought, 'hmmm…wonder if Retro will get it.' Sure enough, when the movie was over, it was gone. And now I know :) So did you BIN or best offer win it? Oh, and a signed #2 sold for like 1700 last night (I think) - did anyone else see that?!?

Looks like Gemma is gonna fix the scores for #61 :o

I'm not sure that that is correct on the list - in my opinion the scores for 61 should stay as is since it's a continually strong seller. I do agree, though, that the scores for 92 should be raised to match that, though (and also 63 since it seems to sell high well it should be raised, too, in my opinion). There are multiple books that should get increases in the set but I've not had time to make the requests as of late. I'll go ahead and officially request the 92 and 63 now, though - let me know if you think I'm wrong in my thinking... :foryou:

How come on the registry, #61 9.8 blue is 200 points. But a #92 is only 48?

Jesus is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better character than Gabriel.

wtf? This makes no sense. Is it because he's in the show first?

p.s. I found a #2 CGC 9.8 MINE :sumo::banana:

I agree that the 1st appearance of Jesus warrants a higher point value (along with some other issues in the set).

I also thought of you when I saw that #2 pop up (I was getting ready to watch Avengers 2 when it was listed and I thought, 'hmmm…wonder if Retro will get it.' Sure enough, when the movie was over, it was gone. And now I know :) So did you BIN or best offer win it? Oh, and a signed #2 sold for like 1700 last night (I think) - did anyone else see that?!?

Looks like Gemma is gonna fix the scores for #61 :o

I'm not sure that that is correct on the list - in my opinion the scores for 61 should stay as is since it's a continually strong seller. I do agree, though, that the scores for 92 should be raised to match that, though (and also 63 since it seems to sell high well it should be raised, too, in my opinion). There are multiple books that should get increases in the set but I've not had time to make the requests as of late. I'll go ahead and officially request the 92 and 63 now, though - let me know if you think I'm wrong in my thinking... :foryou:

Yea I think the points should be given equally to 1st apps, deaths, etc. Having number 92, 48 points and having 61, 200 points is wrong. It doesn't bother me what so ever, I'm not in it for the registry. It was something I just noticed. I'm after the 1-48 set. I'm just looking out for my fellow WD collectors.

DEAD FOREVER!!!

Sup weekenders? Anyone ready for SDCC?

-shawn

What goodies are you bringing to SDCC Shawn?

We've got some fun stuff in store for sure. Trying to do something special and my team are putting in extra work to pull it off.

Anyone see any exclusives they like yet? I'm digging the Devastator set from Hasbro, and that Dr. Strange box set is pretty damn cool. Love the box.

-shawn

SDCC is for nerds......NYCC is where it's going to happen.

Don't be jealous James!

I'll take care of your travel and ticket to SDCC for a few of those 1-6 OA pages. ;)

-shawn

:foryou:...... all kidding aside sounds like fun. If I could get away I would.Do you know if Kirkman and or Adlard will be there?

SDCC is for nerds......NYCC is where it's going to happen.

Don't be jealous James!

I'll take care of your travel and ticket to SDCC for a few of those 1-6 OA pages. ;)

-shawn

:foryou:...... all kidding aside sounds like fun. If I could get away I would.Do you know if Kirkman and or Adlard will be there?

Robert will be there, Charlie won't. We'll be announcing signing times and info soon. We'll be doing the same CGC set up like years prior.

-shawn

Sup weekenders? Anyone ready for SDCC?

-shawn

What goodies are you bringing to SDCC Shawn?

We've got some fun stuff in store for sure. Trying to do something special and my team are putting in extra work to pull it off.

Anyone see any exclusives they like yet? I'm digging the Devastator set from Hasbro, and that Dr. Strange box set is pretty damn cool. Love the box.

-shawn

Mystery boxes.....?????