• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Kind of cool tidbit...

I was out to eat with the CGC crew and one of the encapsulators is from Serbia. She was telling me how cool it was to see the Serbian Surrounded By The Dead books (that was awesome to hear from her). She had to translate for Shawn some of the various pin-up artists and other parts from the book.

Like I said, for her it was a cool thing and was so nice to hear her gush about it over dinner!

Just trying to make this like the CPG thread :slapfight:lol

Don't worry by 9:30 am today I will bore all of you with my review of #73.

I personally don't need mayhem and death in ever issue..that is one of the reasons why WD stands above all other comics IMO

I personally don't need mayhem and death in ever issue..that is one of the reasons why WD stands above all other comics IMO

I don't need mayhem and death in every issue. It just feels like Kirkman puts stuff on the table and hasn't been fleshing it out. In the latest issue, he introduced something with Abraham and it seems like it could be cool but it also just feels like just another idea floated out there. I guess I feel like something interesting is going to happen really soon but it also feels like a lot of stuff isn't going to get addressed and we will be left hanging.

Back in the day, I used to love The Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan but the series became too convoluted and the writer lost control of the series. I really hope this doesn't happen to The Walking Dead. I really love this series and I was complaining before about the pacing. I thought it was going to start picking up but it seems to have slowed again. I can deal with a slower pace if it feels like there is a purpose. Right now TWD seems directionless and that concerns me.

I don't need mayhem and death in every issue. It just feels like Kirkman puts stuff on the table and hasn't been fleshing it out. In the latest issue, he introduced something with Abraham and it seems like it could be cool but it also just feels like just another idea floated out there. I guess I feel like something interesting is going to happen really soon but it also feels like a lot of stuff isn't going to get addressed and we will be left hanging.

Back in the day, I used to love The Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan but the series became too convoluted and the writer lost control of the series. I really hope this doesn't happen to The Walking Dead. I really love this series and I was complaining before about the pacing. I thought it was going to start picking up but it seems to have slowed again. I can deal with a slower pace if it feels like there is a purpose. Right now TWD seems directionless and that concerns me.

I think most of the characters think they have found the end game and Robert is giving them that false sense of security. Yea, there's suspicion and things don't seem quite right, but after what these people have been through, a little normal is OK.

I just finished reading #73 and it was great!! We are all about to see some crazy stuff happen. I re read all the TPB and there are many "slow" spots and Kirkman always brings it back to what we all love...track record shows that the mess will hit the fan by 75-76.

Rick is not following the rules of the town and I can't wait to hear the secrets about the people who live there...oh and Davidson

Kind of cool tidbit...

I was out to eat with the CGC crew and one of the encapsulators is from Serbia. She was telling me how cool it was to see the Serbian Surrounded By The Dead books (that was awesome to hear from her). She had to translate for Shawn some of the various pin-up artists and other parts from the book.

Like I said, for her it was a cool thing and was so nice to hear her gush about it over dinner!

That's very cool!

I'm curious what the census data is for these books. Before WW Philly there was one 9.2 for #1 (Evil Ash) and a bunch of #10 B&W's graded.

It seems they updated the census after WWPhilly since the count now is:

#3 One 9.8

#6 One 9.6

#7 One 9.6

#10 One 9.4

#10 B&W Seven 9.8 and One 9.6

My questions are about #1 and #2.

#2 Says One 9.8 and one 9.6. But no B&W. I know this isn't true, because Evil Ash had one this weekend. I'm assuming it's the one Branget has in his signature line. I have the 9.6 regular.

Did they combine the B&W for #2, but separate them for #10? :screwy: Or is there another #2 9.8 out there and they haven't updated the B&W?

#1 simple says no comic found. But we know at least 3 of them are graded. A 9.2 (Evil Ash), a 9.4 (Mine) and a 9.8 (jonjesper). Are there anymore?

Anyone else get a #1 or #2 graded this past weekend?

Edited by maloney414