• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I tend to agree with BrianR.

Honestly, it's going bank on the success or failure of the show. The general thought is that the show will be good. But it may not.

Or the general public may think it's another stupid zombie flick. Frankly, beyond WD & 28 Days, I'm not a zombie fan in the least. So I can see many, who have no idea about the story, skipping out on it.

I hope this is dead wrong.

Pat

I tend to agree with BrianR.

Honestly, it's going bank on the success or failure of the show. The general thought is that the show will be good. But it may not.

That's why the peak prices are always right before the release. No matter how good it is it will never be as good as we can imagine :)

Edited by branget

Like it or leave it.

Well, I was hoping to have a meaningful thought provoking discussion about where people's thoughts are with the series now...for me it's obviously taken a turn south. As a fan, I prefer not to leave it...but air and discuss my concerns. I find it hard to believe that people read each issue now with the rigor of the pre issue 50 era.

Hey, everything has a beginning...and an end. I'm simply choosing to believe that the beginning of the end is upon us. Simply because of momentum...we may just as easily go another 50 issues...but I hope that Kirkman raises his current standards and more importantly chooses to cancel the series on a high note.

Not the type of discussion I was hoping to have, but par for the course for this thread. :thumbsup: And trust me, maybe there's a reason why no one is coming up to bat and discuss this... hm

I'm curious,who's going to play Carl in the Walking Dead tv series? (shrug)

He's a HUGE part of the comic book series,and the only reason Rick is still alive right now.

Arguably maybe the only reason why the series is still alive right now.

Krikman quote via Robot6:

"I’ve been out to Hollywood; I’ve been in the writers’ room for a week, working with them on the plots for the first season. I’ve been fairly hands on, but I'm trying to back off as much as I can, because my main focus is the comic-book series. As a comic-book reader, I hate it when a comic gets adapted and the writer just takes a vacation. I don’t want to take a vacation. So I’m trying not to spend too much time working on the show, but I’m fairly hands on. Now having said that, if people end up not liking the show, I had nothing to do with it."

Mark my words. Beginning of the end. Doomed...DOOOMMMEEEDDD..

I bet within 2 years these will be 100-200 tops.

If the snore fest called the current plot doesn't start moving, I'm going to go with $50. For those who don't sell now, it's only going to get worse. Sell INTO strength. Now taking your books for $25. lol

zombie1.jpg

"Could that be the zombie Rick encounters on the side of the road in issue #1? "

Actually a good still...and yes that would be my guess...although I would say they didn't quite make the mark. It's supposed to look like roadkill...this one has a lot more "get up and go". lol

Then again, I see the ribs, and there's no confirmation of a lower torso. I remember the comic because there were no arms (just bones) ...just laying there...helpless..with only its eyes and some noises to indicate that it was still "alive".

Man...those were the days.

I'm curious,who's going to play Carl in the Walking Dead tv series? (shrug)

He's a HUGE part of the comic book series,and the only reason Rick is still alive right now.

Arguably maybe the only reason why the series is still alive right now.
Good point

It came to mind that Father's Day is next weekend.

For the Dads on the board I have found some great gift ideas.

From www.incaseofzombies.com

box_rep_M16-mach32.jpg

and here's an idea I had not seen...a Zombie Bait Station

baitstation.jpg

I still think Rick is going to end up dead and the story's focal point will shift to another couple. That...or he'll have to start hooking up with Andrea soon. He's not exciting enough without having a "love interest". Granted that Lori was a low down cheating skank bag...but at least there was someone to bust Rick's balls about going out near the zombies when he got back.

Hmm...it's been so long since I read it, but did they ever address whether or not Judith was possibly Shane's? I think they started to touch on it and Rick was all like "But honey, it was a zombie plague and you thought I was dead or comatose."

Bla...I'd be like "You cheating D-Bag! You're out!" and then outside the fence she goes...I'd pelt her with tomatoes and tell her "To keep on walking!"

What? That's a little rough? Lori should just get to slide with banging Shane on the side of the highway? Hmm, no way! She'd get kicked out of the prison yard so fast...I'd grab Carl and be like "That's what happens when you betray Daddy!"

Besides, that can't be worse than what DAVIDSON!!! made them do.

:jokealert: