• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

Robert Kirkman hinted that there may be some surprise characters appearing in season three. Does anyone have any predictions? Do you think he was just referring to the Governor and his crew and Merl Dixon? Do you think they'll introduce Tyrone? I really enjoyed his character and the plots he was involved in were definitely interesting.

T-Dog has always been a Tyrone alternative in my mind which is a shame because Tyrone is such a strong character. I don't like the way T-Dog is written at all (e.g., him trying to abandon the group in the season finale).

Ah, Maggie wanted to leave the group too near the end of the episode. I think it's also a shame. T-Dog either is Tyreese, or he'll never exist in the show. Oh well, they've changed so many other things that at this point I'm just going with it. I thought the Michonne scene was great and the ending shot was perfect for us comic fans.

T-Dog has always been a Tyrone alternative in my mind which is a shame because Tyrone is such a strong character. I don't like the way T-Dog is written at all (e.g., him trying to abandon the group in the season finale).

WTF is Tyrone??? doh!

WTF is Tyrone??? doh!

That's Speculator-ese for Tyreese.

Robert Kirkman hinted that there may be some surprise characters appearing in season three. Does anyone have any predictions? Do you think he was just referring to the Governor and his crew and Merl Dixon? Do you think they'll introduce Tyrone? I really enjoyed his character and the plots he was involved in were definitely interesting.

Merle is definitely in season 3, in some form according to Michael Rooker:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/03/19/walking-dead-season-three-merle-dixon/

T-Dog either is Tyreese, or he'll never exist in the show. Oh well, they've changed so many other things that at this point I'm just going with it.

I agree with you 100% - I don't think we'll see Tyreese in the show. I'd speculate that T-Dog was supposed to be Tyreese, but a lot of Tyreese's character was moved over to Daryl once fans latched on.

It will be interesting if Michonne still makes the NFL/Falcons connection with T-Dog.