• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT , kinda..it involves Hospitals, Trevor , comics and a kid we met while there.

29 posts in this topic

First of all I wanted to relate that Trevor is now home, and doing very well (as well as a kid 2 weeks old can be with a RSV virus)

And instead of answering all the emails and pms I have received I will simply post a photo of him taken last night.

We are all proud parents. I am no different, so for those who care to see... here he is, and to those who could care less I totally understand and will move on.

DSC04414.jpg

Now on to why I made this thread.

While at the Hospital last week we met a 12 year old kid (for privacy I will call him William ) as I understood it he had an undiagnosed illness when we arrived in our hallway unit. He was there when we arrived and sadly there when we left. I didnt pry too much so sorry for the lack of details but I wanted to share with everyone that the power of comics brought a smile to not only his face, but his parents as well.

As I walked down the hall to my sons room we passed this kids room everyday, on the third day I knocked on the door qiuetly and asked to speak with the boys father. He stepped outside and I asked him if it was ok if I gave his boy a stack of comics to read,(all age appropriate SA. BA and Copper). I will never forget the look in the fathers eyes as he said yes, and thank you.

And I will never forget as we were leaving to go home, glancing in that boys room as we left for the elevator to see him laying there happily reading those comics. We didnt stop, there was no need to say anything. It just felt good to see that comic books were being read, and being enjoyed by a kid in need no less. Ahh the ability comics have to distract, I think we all can relate to that on some level.

Ok, my Hallmark made for TV movie moment is over. Just thought it was worth typing out, move along nothing to see here.

Ze-

Kenny -

Cute kid - looks like a struggler, which is a good trait :thumbsup:

Sorry about the RSV - our middle kid had that too - no fun, but it will eventually pass :wishluck:

Congrats!

Kenny, :hi:

Trevor is adorable :cloud9: and I hope and pray this virus passes soon.

It's so good to hear he's home and will be feeling fine soon. :wishluck:

We all take our health for granted and when you see a small child in

the hospital it makes you think a little more. That must of been so

cool to see that kid reading those magical comic books and that

was a sweet thing you did and probably made a small kid's day a

little brighter.

Nice work!! :applause: :applause:

:foryou:

I'm so happy to hear the baby is home:) I figured you had a box full of PMs:) Hospitals and Centers for abused women (with or without kids) are great places to give away your books. That was very nice of you:)

Glad to see that the little one is home and feeling better, Kenny.

And it's a nice story, to begin the day, to see what a stack of comics can do to raise a kid's spirits, well done.

I regularly give comics to the sons of two of my co-workers, and although they aren't ill, they aren't exactly living a life of luxury either, so seeing they looks on the faces, and even an occassional thank you, makes my day.

As I walked down the hall to my sons room we passed this kids room everyday, on the third day I knocked on the door qiuetly and asked to speak with the boys father. He stepped outside and I asked him if it was ok if I gave his boy a stack of comics to read,(all age appropriate SA. BA and Copper). I will never forget the look in the fathers eyes as he said yes, and thank you.

You're a good man Charlie Brown. :thumbsup: Making a childs day brighter is always a noble endeavor.

Great news about Trevor. When my daughter was born she developed a fever and spent a few days in the NICU. Scary, scary stuff.

Kenny,

I'm glad Trevor is doing better. He's a cutie. :applause:

Good call on the comics. I've known you for a while now, and you are as good as they come. I'm sure the kid had a good time reading them.

RSV... doh!

That's the bane of many parents of multiples. We didn't take our kids out of the house from October to March...

I had thought the season had passed - he must have caught one of the last cases...

Good to hear things are getting better, and I like the idea about bringing comics to hospitals :)

Kenny, most people don't think along those lines. Nice to see you were walking circumspectly and using the opportunity.

(thumbs u

Glad Trevor is better!

What is RSV...sorry for my ign.

R.