• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink?

52 posts in this topic

Re: shipping.

On a book that sells for less than $100, $14 shipping feels steep. Howver, if you're buying a bigger book, then that feel diminishes.

It's all relative. Both my Comiclink purchases have been for books under $100.

On a book that sells for less than $100, $14 shipping feels steep. Howver, if you're buying a bigger book, then that feel diminishes.

Oh, I understand the sting of shipping, but can you ship a slab any cheaper using USPS? that was what I was trying to ask I guess.

R.

I have only good things to say about comiclink. I've had great luck both buying and selling through them. (thumbs u

Me too. so far so good, though waiting till the following month for payment is a bit lengthy at times though.

R.

Oh, I understand the sting of shipping, but can you ship a slab any cheaper using USPS? that was what I was trying to ask I guess.

R.

Yes, but the odds of the slab arriving w/o cracks and in one piece diminishes greatly when you slide it into a manilla envelope without padding.

My first purchase from Comiclink was a raw book. And both of my Comiclink purchases arrived well-packed and safe.

I do wish he'd put up more scans though. Lots of books I've considered, but passed on due to no scans and I don't want to make a pest of myself constantly asking for scans if I'm doing more windowshopping that real shopping.

R.

Yes, but the odds of the slab arriving w/o cracks and in one piece diminishes greatly when you slide it into a manilla envelope without padding.

My first purchase from Comiclink was a raw book. And both of my Comiclink purchases arrived well-packed and safe.

I do wish he'd put up more scans though. Lots of books I've considered, but passed on due to no scans and I don't want to make a pest of myself constantly asking for scans if I'm doing more windowshopping that real shopping.

The scans are provided by the sellers (in the cases where they hold onto the book during it's stay in the list of items for sale).

personally, i put up both front and back cover scans as I hold onto the books until they sell.

Lots of raw books never have a scan posted and it'd be interesting to know what percentage of those books pass the CLink inspection when they get sent in after a sale.................

So do they list and sell the books for people and then ship the books themselves or is it like ebay and the individual sellers get their payment and ship the books to you?

...it can be either way,...seller's choice,...

News to me. I thought that 100% of the time you have to send the books to ComicLink.

You're right. CL does not want its buyers and sellers directly interacting with each other.

R.

Sean, I'm still not understanding...I'm asking if there is a cheaper way to ship slabs in a box than $14 cause that sounds reasonable. I'm not sure what you meant by slipping the slab into a manila envelope.

As far as more scans...I do 100% agree and that is why i regularly call them for back cover scans, larger scans etc. I just called Thomis on 4 books I am considering. In fact MOST sights do not have back cover scans. I do know that Bob Storms does on many of his bigger books and that is great. Again a simple phone call or email to any seller can answer a lot of questions.

I would not be worried about pestering dealers for this. It's a part of internet selling and their job to provide a service that sells the books. If they get tired of the phone calls they'll just make it a prerequisite to post better scans for buyers.

You're right, it's the feel of it when you're making relatively small purchases. And now that Roy brought it up, $14 isn't highway robbery at all--it just might not be worthwhile if you buy that small ticket item. Occasionally, though, you can land a deal on a small ticket book where the price plus shipping is still a sweet deal. I just snagged an ASM #81 CGC 8.5 (OW) for $45 and with shipping that's still only $59 for the book--something I'm quite pleased with. :smile:

Their shipping costs are a bit high (1-3 books, $14), but I've been satisfied with the few orders I've placed with them. I just recently paid by check and got my book pretty quick.

I agree... packaging is secure, however and comes Signature Required. Once you jump above 3 books it runs you $20 up to 10 books, so you can often dollar-cost it down that way. (thumbs u

I always pay via Check and have gotten items usually in 1 week. :grin:

I have only good things to say about comiclink. I've had great luck both buying and selling through them. (thumbs u

Me too. so far so good, though waiting till the following month for payment is a bit lengthy at times though.

R.

agreed

I get on email from them two days ago saying they were waiting on my payment for a book! I emailed them WTF did XXX call and leave a message for me asking to call back with CCD info for... they email me back saying oh yeah we forgot we called, were sending book out

Seemed to run into some confusion this time around. Eight books I thought were on the way, but got e-mail saying I hadn't paid. Also a book I had snagged with a "buy it" couple days earlier was never set aside but was still being listed as for sale.

However, one phone call and they were efficient, understanding and polite. Always a bit annoying to have problems, but they seem to be working hard had have a pretty nice thing going.

How long does it take for something to be shipped from ComicLink? My check cleared 2 weeks age and I still have not received the item yet.

I'd just call them. They're usually pretty good with book delivery but I know they're extremely busy with the auctions running and a phone call clears things up quick.

R.

How long does it take for something to be shipped from ComicLink? My check cleared 2 weeks age and I still have not received the item yet.

I'd just call them. They're usually pretty good with book delivery but I know they're extremely busy with their Secret Squirrel club, invite-only 'Potentialisation Preview Evenings' and a phone call clears things up quick.

R.

(thumbs u

:roflmao:

Why oh why do you persist?

I can't wait to sit across a table and have a pint with you.

I persist because somebody here has to give an alternate view and counteract the Kool-Aid drinking ra-ra club. :baiting:

Oh, and you sure as hell better be up for more than 'a pint'. :banana:

Why oh why do you persist?

I can't wait to sit across a table and have a pint with you.

I persist because somebody here has to give an alternate view and counteract the Kool-Aid drinking ra-ra club. :baiting:

Oh, and you sure as hell better be up for more than 'a pint'. :banana:

Cant wait!