• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RASL!!

239 posts in this topic

anyway, for those of you who haven't read RASL, score the damn TPB!!

its well-worth the $, IMO (thumbs u

I heard about RASL in March, 2008 from an interview with Jeff Smith. But I wasn't sure how much I'd like it. So I did what I always do... wait for the TPB.

Looks like it's time to read it.

:popcorn:

lemme know whatcha think (:

holy cow - that's gonna be worth some BIG bucks someday. I would bought that one in a minute if I had the coin!! :o

I picked up 1 - 3 due to the maximum pimpage within this thread. I read them today.

I like the fact that it has a lot of story pages. The story is good, but pretty slow especially considering the 30 or however many pages there are per issue. I'm probably going to be flogged for this, but the art, although it's very much Jeff Smith, is nothing to write home about. I like Smith's Bone characters moreso than Jeff Smith's people.

It's interesting that people are complaining about release times. If this was a monthly book, there's no way that I'd be willing to put $3.50 toward this book every month. However, since it's a quarterly (or whenever) book, I'm probably going to pick up the next few issues to see where it goes.

Just posted this on PhiGam's poll, but more applicable here:

I just picked up the RASL trade and read through it in about 20 minutes...not much dialogue. My thoughts...not enough dialogue, issues read really fast, art is horrible, story is intriguing.

I would add this one to my subscription list but I'm not sure I can wait for a "quarterly" book and I'll have to reread the TPB's before diving in to the "annual" TPB. Given the loooong wait time between issue and the fast read, not sure this one will hold my attention. Good story so far though and I'll definitely pick up the next trade, even if it is at Chrismas..

I just picked up the RASL trade and read through it in about 20 minutes...not much dialogue. My thoughts...not enough dialogue, issues read really fast, art is horrible, story is intriguing.

I would add this one to my subscription list but I'm not sure I can wait for a "quarterly" book and I'll have to reread the TPB's before diving in to the "annual" TPB. Given the loooong wait time between issue and the fast read, not sure this one will hold my attention. Good story so far though and I'll definitely pick up the next trade, even if it is at Chrismas..

horrible art?? :screwy:

also, the reason there isn't alot of dialogue is bc the ART IS SO STRONG!

methinks you've been reading too much Thor (:

i got to agree with the horrible art statement :eek:

Hmmm, interesting. Not sure what that means, but thanks for the information. Maybe mine has extra nudity. :D

More likely that the seller has no idea that people sometimes put comic books inside a bag - but that they don't come from the factory that way (thumbs u

PhiGam, I know you've been pimping this book for a while now which is partly why I went out and picked up the trade. I'll be picking up future trades, but if you think the art in RASL is good and justifies the lack of dialogue in the books....you should raise your art bar...:screwy:

I haven't read this title yet, but have been meaning to check it out since I enjoyed Bone. I'm not too concerned if the art doesn't grab me. I remember picking up Dark Knight Returns when I was 16 and thinking, Man this sucks. It was such an ugly rendition of Batman, I couldn't finish it. Yet I kept returning to the book for the writing and eventually I reached the point where I finally opened my eyes and saw the art for what it was. Beautiful.

I'm definitely not comparing DKR to RASL as I haven't even picked up the book yet, but I felt like blabbing somewhat off topic for no reason. Stick around and I'll tell you about my cousin Carl and how he came in second at the state chili cookoff.

chili :cloud9: