• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,902 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

This one just back today and doesn't appear to have been entered in the census, yet (unless there's glitch).  Highest graded, but I don't think there are all that many people searching out and slabbing high-grade copies. 

2018-01-08-0001_zpswvuhqgur.JPG

Can you tell me why all the bad girls wear red dresses  

48 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Only the second of these to be graded (the other is a 3.5), although I think several boardies own raw copies at least as nice. 

2018-01-08-0001_zpsrvpml7cq.JPG

Secrets of True Love 1.JPG

18 hours ago, szavisca said:

They only update the census every Tuesday.  I'm searching for high grade raw copies of these to slab!... but not surprisingly not finding many, or any for that matter.

Good point.  I'd forgotten that. 

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

If you count this as a Baker (despite the photo cover), I think it's one of the tougher ones.  It has six Baker stories (43 pages worth).

2018-01-09-0001_zpsaryox1rn.JPG

Great book but you have to laugh at some of the stories,i was tired of being good lol

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

One of the best covers in the series, imo.  Three 8.0s and a 7.0 on the census, none of which, alas, are owned by me. 

2018-01-09-0001_zpsinf2pdte.JPG

I agree one of the best and she has a red dress on

23 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, he's certainly an acquired taste.  I like him and like talking to him face-to-face.  Certainly has a lot stories about the hobby.  No such thing as a quick conversation with him, though.

Hard to know what to make of that post without seeing the books.  I would think most dealers would be reluctant to offer much on a collection of taped-up books unless it contained keys or other hot books.  I'm sure it can take forever and a day for a dealer to move such stuff.

I added my 2cents to that thread.  I think the guy who started the rant is about 15 years old... lol

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

One of the best covers in the series, imo.  Three 8.0s and a 7.0 on the census, none of which, alas, are owned by me. 

2018-01-09-0001_zpsinf2pdte.JPG

My first avatar. C.U. of both their faces. One of my faves.

Edited by comicnoir