• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,613 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2024 at 10:11 PM, LadyDeath said:

Only 4 graded too. Criminal.

That copy came from a local collection dubbed the Toronto Collection although not recognized. A lot of super nice 50's books. All went to Ha.

Edited by comicnoir

Here's the story of the Toronto Collection. Old man dies and leaves a pile of hard to find 50's books in grade. Wife and daughter take them to bottom of driveway to be thrown out. Son-in-law/ husband waits for them to go to bed. Takes comics. Drives them to Toronto comic shop. Negotiates to get them sold. The women never knew. Lol.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:27 PM, comicnoir said:

Here's the story of the Toronto Collection. Old man dies and leaves a pile of hard to find 50's books in grade. Wife and daughter take them to bottom of driveway to be thrown out. Son-in-law/ husband waits for them to go to bed. Takes comics. Drives them to Toronto comic shop. Negotiates to get them sold. The women never knew. Lol.

That's a bit low lol 

On 6/5/2024 at 7:04 PM, LadyDeath said:

I'm split. Baker must've been pretty wasted to draw that dude's hand like that.

Untitled-1.jpg

Stupid board software. 

Edited by buttock

@yorick please share your thoughts on labelling this as worst... I can see your point in the horse's hind legs and the guy lying backwards but the overall composition is not bad, infact  your eyes will automatically roll on to the intense gun fight occurring in the middle of the cover. 

On 6/14/2024 at 5:24 PM, PeterPark said:

Blue ribbon 2 has a bone to pick with that!

How right you are, you little vixen!

On 6/14/2024 at 12:15 PM, DJDemarco said:

@yorick please share your thoughts on labelling this as worst... I can see your point in the horse's hind legs and the guy lying backwards but the overall composition is not bad, infact  your eyes will automatically roll on to the intense gun fight occurring in the middle of the cover. 

Sure.  No faces forward.  Bad illustration of a gun (I'm not sure Baker ever did draw a good looking revolver).  Guy jumping off the cliff rather than falling.  The concept of the scene is good, but everything there is just improbable and overly animated.  They'd all be using rifles.  Hawk would be laying flat on his stomach with the rifle over the horse.  The horse would likely be dead at that point.

I always like St John colors.  Kudos there.

On 6/14/2024 at 2:24 PM, PeterPark said:

Blue ribbon 2 has a bone to pick with that!

Yet some other artist decided to swipe that cover...  hm