• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,778 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2024 at 8:10 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I SAW THAT!!!.  Insane.  AbeBooks had it for $200.

I got mine there for $30 a couple years back. I like the book but not sure I'd pay too much more than that. I suspect with some digging on book sites, and/or some patience on ebay, one could be turned up at a reasonable price.

The Matt Baker auction @Ricksneatstuff put together last week drew a lot of eyes and a lot of bidding. Somehow, the below book got left behind the door and instead of being included in last week’s main event, showed up in Heritage’s weekly auction ending last night. As a result, Instead of going for crazy money, it went for regular money. I guess we were all too exhausted and spent to notice. :makepoint:  What a lovely central figure! How might Matt Baker have changed the silver age if not for his untimely passing. I notice the highest copy sold last year for 10 times the price of this one, reminding me of just how large the premium is for the leader

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 7/22/2024 at 3:04 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The Matt Baker auction @Ricksneatstuff put together last week drew a lot of eyes and a lot of bidding. Somehow, the below book got left behind the door and instead of being included in last week’s main event, showed up in Heritage’s weekly auction ending last night. As a result, Instead of going for crazy money, it went for regular money. I guess we were all too exhausted and spent to notice. :makepoint:  What a lovely central figure! How might Matt Baker have changed the silver age if not for his untimely passing. I notice the highest copy sold last year for 10 times the price of this one, reminding me of just how large the premium is for the leader

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

Had a nice conservation with Rick at Torpedo on Saturday. Opened my eyes a little more concerning selling rare Baker and other books. I really value his advice. Not that I am currently thinking of selling anything…

On 7/22/2024 at 7:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Had a nice conservation with Rick at Torpedo on Saturday. Opened my eyes a little more concerning selling rare Baker and other books. I really value his advice. Not that I am currently thinking of selling anything…

I wish we had time to talk further.  I always enjoy seeing you at these shows.