• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

I think it's Blue Ribbon #2.

Found it! Yeah, Blue Ribbon Vol. #2, #2. From what I can see it's a 3 issue run with #'s 1 & 3 being Heckle & Jeckle covers?!?!? :P

GCD lists it as 6 issues, 3 of which are romance books LINK

Found it! Yeah, Blue Ribbon Vol. #2, #2. From what I can see it's a 3 issue run with #'s 1 & 3 being Heckle & Jeckle covers?!?!? :P

I thought John Selegue and I had posted the info on that Blue Ribbon issue (4) a few years ago. One of us sent the info to GCD too.

They still use my scan anyway.

1633097574_9808aca507_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

The Diary Secrets run is one of the most convoluted and confusing in comic history. This is about the simplest way I've found to outline the lineage of the run:

Blue Ribbon #2 is the first issue of the series that would eventually become Diary Secrets. It's the first comic to bear that title. Blue Ribbon #4 (titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets) is DS #2, and Blue Ribbon #5 (also titled TADS) is DS #3.

Then, the series officially titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets begins, correctly numbered #4. The following issue has no number, and no indicia, but is TADS #5. The numbering is picked up again with #6, and the series runs through issue #9. (#7 and #9 are digest sized issues, with identical contents, but different covers.)

Finally, the series officially titled Diary Secrets begins with issue #10, and runs through #30. (With the exception of issues 21, 22, and 23, all of the stories in Diary Secrets #10 through #30 were reprinted from other St. John titles, and from earlier Ziff-Davis romance titles. Only the covers were new.)

The Diary Secrets run is one of the most convoluted and confusing in comic history. This is about the simplest way I've found to outline the lineage of the run:

Blue Ribbon #2 is the first issue of the series that would eventually become Diary Secrets. It's the first comic to bear that title. Blue Ribbon #4 (titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets) is DS #2, and Blue Ribbon #5 (also titled TADS) is DS #3.

Then, the series officially titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets begins, correctly numbered #4. The following issue has no number, and no indicia, but is TADS #5. The numbering is picked up again with #6, and the series runs through issue #9. (#7 and #9 are digest sized issues, with identical contents, but different covers.)

Finally, the series officially titled Diary Secrets begins with issue #10, and runs through #30. (With the exception of issues 21, 22, and 23, all of the stories in Diary Secrets #10 through #30 were reprinted from other St. John titles, and from earlier Ziff-Davis romance titles. Only the covers were new.)

You forgot to mention that obvious giant size issue published by St. Johns.

Edited by BB-Gun

You forgot to mention that obvious giant size issue published by St. Johns.

Right, there was that one-shot, no number, squarebound giant called "Diary Secrets" (not to be confused with Giant Comics Editions #12, which also used "Diary Secrets" as it's logo). But that was a rebound edition, made up of randomly selected back issues from a variety of different romance titles. It wasn't really part of the DS run.