• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,613 posts in this topic

Of all the "All-Picture All-True" St. John rebound giants, that Police Cases (#2) might be the hardest to find. Besides your copy, I've only ever seen one other. All-Picture All-True Love Story #2 is probably just as scarce, I only know of three copies (including your's, John).

That Seven Seas #4 is awe inspiring. That book is now very high on my own want list. But at least I did find a lower grade All Top #16 this year.

I think so too - and it has a really cool cover.

flyinjenny2.jpg

One of my old copies! (worship)

Mine too

If I ever get it, I'm keeping it! :D

I bought it, got an offer to sell it for quite a bit more and immediately bought another copy....so I got my copy for free :sumo: but I do miss this one and CGC graded it higher than the grade it was sold to me at, or the grade I sold it at. Congrats. It's still a beauty.

Of all the "All-Picture All-True" St. John rebound giants, that Police Cases (#2) might be the hardest to find. Besides your copy, I've only ever seen one other. All-Picture All-True Love Story #2 is probably just as scarce, I only know of three copies (including your's, John).

That Seven Seas #4 is awe inspiring. That book is now very high on my own want list. But at least I did find a lower grade All Top #16 this year.

Here's the only other copy I know of. The eBay seller who owns the book sent me this scan about eight years ago, which was the first time I'd ever seen this issue.

atappc2.jpg

flyinjenny2.jpg

Mine too

I bought it, got an offer to sell it for quite a bit more and immediately bought another copy....so I got my copy for free :sumo: but I do miss this one and CGC graded it higher than the grade it was sold to me at, or the grade I sold it at. Congrats. It's still a beauty.

Thank you. I bought it from JvR11 in her sales thread last December. Apparently Jenny has been passed around quite a bit! Don't worry - I'll take good care of her! :cloud9:

I was lucky to get my copy of the ALL Picture All True. Found it buried in a misc. GA box from SilverAge comics at a NYC convention years ago. Priced at condition guide. I also have never seen nor heard of another copy.

Nice pick up of the Teen. Romances #1. The issue isn't hard to find, but at CGC 8.0 , very sweet!!

flyinjenny2.jpg

Mine too

Thank you. I bought it from JvR11 in her sales thread last December. Apparently Jenny has been passed around quite a bit! Don't worry - I'll take good care of her! :cloud9:

Wow, an 8.5! Very nice score, I wouldn't even have sold this copy if I wouldn't have gotten another. I was trying to make a decision which one to keep. Wonder if I made the right decision :) . Great one to slab!

On my want list, hopefully one day I'll see one. :)

Got my copy, the last Baker (alter ego #47) book and this new one mention Matt Baker work on 132 Flamingo Strips but i own num #133?

nice to see new Baker OA but mostly reprints from Alter Ego#47.

mattbaker.jpg

I wish more of the book could have been in color with a more quality card stock but Shaun Clancy made some awesome contributions to the book. He unearthed a lot of new information. It was some great detective work to find Matt Baker's best friends.

Got my copy, the last Baker (alter ego #47) book and this new one mention Matt Baker work on 132 Flamingo Strips but i own num #133?

nice to see new Baker OA but mostly reprints from Alter Ego#47.

mattbaker.jpg

I wish more of the book could have been in color with a more quality card stock but Shaun Clancy made some awesome contributions to the book. He unearthed a lot of new information. It was some great detective work to find Matt Baker's best friends.

^^ Joanna you also did a good job. Shaun did a nice job with those interviews, new info on Baker's personal life.