• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,511 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Last year I was fortunate enough to pick-up 50+ Bakers, and am up to 20+ already this year, yet this is my highest-graded so far.

Interesting suggestive cover, I really like it. :luhv:

45e8bff2-332c-48d3-bccb-c5af5955b77a_zps

Cool book Steve and a remarkable copy. Now post some of those cool beaters you got from Harley that I stupidly passed on...

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool book Steve and a remarkable copy. Now post some of those cool beaters you got from Harley that I stupidly passed on...

I actually passed on the copy of the girls dancing on the cover, too much of a beater and too expensive.

The others weren't half-bad. :) 

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Last year I was fortunate enough to pick-up 50+ Bakers, and am up to 20+ already this year, yet this is my highest-graded so far.

Interesting suggestive cover, I really like it. :luhv:

45e8bff2-332c-48d3-bccb-c5af5955b77a_zps

Very nice copy!

IMG_3419.jpg

You know it took me 3 years to "put together" a copy of this book and I put it up for sale here for some reason. 

I realized though in a conversation with another boardie that I really have no desire at all to sell this book.  It is brutally tough and it will be hard to ever see another copy. Sometimes, for me, I am always looking for the next great book and I need to take a little more time to enjoy the last great book. :idea:

On 4/8/2017 at 8:51 PM, sacentaur said:

I actually passed on the copy of the girls dancing on the cover, too much of a beater and too expensive.

The others weren't half-bad. :) 

Darn, now you tell me. I keep thinking about that one. Really like it. But I did have my chance and I thought the same thing you did. I thought you got it. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_3419.jpg

You know it took me 3 years to "put together" a copy of this book and I put it up for sale here for some reason. 

I realized though in a conversation with another boardie that I really have no desire at all to sell this book.  It is brutally tough and it will be hard to ever see another copy. Sometimes, for me, I am always looking for the next great book and I need to take a little more time to enjoy the last great book. :idea:

The thrill of the hunt is great, of course, but the warm glow of the fireplace in the trophy room is my favorite part.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Darn, now you tell me. I keep thinking about that one. Really like it. But I did have my chance and I thought the same thing you did. I thought you got it. 

What issue are you talking about?

I just got this back from CGC today.  I was hoping for a higher grade only because I've never seen another copy with such amazing reds.  Turned out to be a 4.0.  Oh well.

Diary Secrets 19.JPG

On 2/22/2017 at 7:32 AM, Sqeggs said:

I'll play:  6.5 OW-W (Yes, I do have x-ray vision that I use to determine pq. :))

Your grading ability from a scan (cover only) is uncanny!!

Happy to have this back in-hand.

APC38.JPG

6 hours ago, Yorick said:

Your grading ability from a scan (cover only) is uncanny!!

Happy to have this back in-hand.

APC38.JPG

Excellent copy.  People used to say that APC 18 was the toughest in that run, but I actually think this issue is tougher.  My copy is a raw Good. 

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Excellent copy.  People used to say that APC 18 was the toughest in that run, but I actually think this issue is tougher.  My copy is a raw Good. 

There were only a few copies from APC that I was ever interested in.  18 was not one of them, but I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one copy for sale in the last 5 years.

12 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Such a great cover!  In fact, I'll pull my copy and scan it for you!

TAR18.JPG

For a 'tall' issue, that's a beauty (a million times better than the beater Bob and I saw at WonderCon). 

I have a copy on hold via a dealer, but he can't find the book (still searching)! :frustrated:

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I probably should have tried to talk Harley down on it. Beater is better than nothing and I really like this one. I'm just a poor shmoo and don't have the connections that you guys do...

A robot with bad connections can be hazardous! :whatthe:

41 minutes ago, Yorick said:

There were only a few copies from APC that I was ever interested in.  18 was not one of them, but I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one copy for sale in the last 5 years.

APC 18 is supposedly a Gerber 8, but in reality I don't think it is.  I've seen several copies for sale, although I've never seen one in high grade.

27 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

For a 'tall' issue, that's a beauty (a million times better than the beater Bob and I saw at WonderCon). 

I have a copy on hold via a dealer, but he can't find the book (still searching)! :frustrated:

Best I can do on that one.

2017-01-02-0001_zpsfifsedsf.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

APC 18 is supposedly a Gerber 8, but in reality I don't think it is.  I've seen several copies for sale, although I've never seen one in high grade.

Same here (and while I've seen several, I don't have a copy yet).