• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

He did sell more than a few of those books, even at those prices. I only picked up one of them. Expensive, ridiculously so, but the colors in hand are amazing.

I don't think I've posted this before...

PictorialRomances21_6st_a_zps6eb4fc92.jpg

:applause: One of my very favorite Bakers. :cloud9:

Being in the UK I suspect I never even saw some of the ones he sold before they went. I'd certainly have been all over that one. (Got an undercopy by any chance?)

I thought his prices were very inconsistent. I only got these two. I find them doubly appealing because they are self evidently not pressed. I like them just as they are.

TeenageTemptations2CGC_zps138087af.jpg

TrueLovePictorial11_zps07d29052.jpg

I remember when you picked up that TLP 11. The pricing seemed out of whack (on the low side) with what he was charging for other books. The TAT 2 is also a great copy -- White pages! :D

Although in this day and age I guess it's refreshing to encounter slabbed books that have removable dirt and ncb dings and dents that haven't been pressed out, it appears that he did leave money on the table on some of these books -- either for himself or for the OO's family.

I thought his prices were very inconsistent. I only got these two. I find them doubly appealing because they are self evidently not pressed. I like them just as they are.

TeenageTemptations2CGC_zps138087af.jpg

TrueLovePictorial11_zps07d29052.jpg

Excellent choices. Both would be on my top 20 Baker cover list if I took the time to make one.

As I recall, all three of those books (TAT 2, TLP 11, and TR 33) were relatively underpriced. I came so close to grabbing that TR 33 myself, and have regretting passing on it ever since. It's even more impressive de-slabbed.

Flex, I do in fact have an undercopy of PR 21, but it's so low grade I doubt you'd want it.

As I recall, all three of those books (TAT 2, TLP 11, and TR 33) were relatively underpriced. I came so close to grabbing that TR 33 myself, and have regretting passing on it ever since. It's even more impressive de-slabbed.

Flex, I do in fact have an undercopy of PR 21, but it's so low grade I doubt you'd want it.

You are probably right. :cry: It's one of those I've never found a decent copy of for some reason. I've always found it to be one of the more expressive covers. Probably the wedding dress.

You are probably right. :cry: It's one of those I've never found a decent copy of for some reason. I've always found it to be one of the more expressive covers. Probably the wedding dress.

The dress is beautifully drawn. I also love the color scheme, and the whole "evening in suburbia" atmosphere. Reminds me of my own neighborhood as a kid.

That TAT 2 is risqué even by today's standards..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Perhaps that should be, "especially by today's standards". The way Baker's men all look like they're 48 years old, TAT 2 looks alot like a silly schoolgirl being abducted, against her better judgement.

From the looks of some of the covers, St. John should have been honest and titled a series "Jail Bait Romances".

lol

Yeah, our man's one weakness is that he couldn't draw an adolescent male to save his soul.