• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,323 posts in this topic

Is the U.S. copy scarce or something? I haven't looked at all 300+ pgs of this thread, but do not recall seeing one posted in the time I've been here. Maybe Dr. Love could make a scarcity index for Baker books... hm

I think we did this a year to so ago. At least we compiled a list of scarce Bakers; I don't think we put the list in order of scarcity, though. It's buried somewhere in the thread.

Is the U.S. copy scarce or something? I haven't looked at all 300+ pgs of this thread, but do not recall seeing one posted in the time I've been here. Maybe Dr. Love could make a scarcity index for Baker books... hm

I think we did this a year to so ago. At least we compiled a list of scarce Bakers; I don't think we put the list in order of scarcity, though. It's buried somewhere in the thread.

Well, dig it out! lol

I just wondered because I traded mine about a year ago for another Baker book I wanted more. I should have researched the scarcity of the book more, but I don't think it would make a difference in my decision.

Well, dig it out! lol

I just wondered because I traded mine about a year ago for another Baker book I wanted more. I should have researched the scarcity of the book more, but I don't think it would make a difference in my decision.

Well tell us what you traded for so we can criticize your judgement! :D

Uh, no...but I will say it was a grail I really wanted for a long time and couldn't find. The grail is probably more common than the TAR, but I don't care...

Here, we'll make a game out of it. It was one of these three books. See if you can find it:

261hff5.jpg

2daiw76.jpg

2i9s9zp.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

I actually got that Superman in 1966 for $7 at Cherokee Bookstore. :o

That is awesome. I would have loved to have been able to go there. The stories I've heard are pretty amazing. The real thing must have been great.

It was like 10 San Diego Cons all in one little room and hallway. Burt had almost everything, and I had almost no money...

Going to Cherokee on a Saturday was as exciting as going to Disneyland. The current market, with slabs and really high prices and focus on condition has really taken a lot of fun out of the hobby for me (and a lot of money out of my pocket).

I know this is off topic, but out of all the Cherokee books I own, the only 2 in my sig line are Supes 17 and 23. I always wanted a 24, but was afraid to take the one in the bag on the outside of the box. I thought the ref. books on the boxes were off limits or something (I was only 13). I ended up finally buying one in 1993 for $400. Ouch...

Edited by tricolorbrian

I recently found this UK version of a Baker romance comic, called Teen-Age Romance #8. It's one of those comics where the interior artwork is not in color, and it's only half as long as a regular comic. But I sitll think it's pretty cool. The cover artwork looks like a B&W Baker panel or splash that was not-so-delicately inked by somebody else. (?)

Anybody collect these UK versions of St. John comics? I'd like to see some other ones.

151261.jpg.2b36c37407654d034ac364fe184fd24b.jpg

151262.jpg.388742ebb3b1f787b7415e9209adb2fc.jpg