• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

Tough book. Don't appear to be any copies on the census. First one I've seen for sale in the past couple of years. Anyone have a high-grade copy?

Joanna I think

Sure wish she would post more frequently. Been about six months ....

She ought to have her own thread to enshrine her complete Baker romance set.

So what do you think about that right edge? hm

_57_zps24b8769f.jpg

You'll find out soon... :insane:

Maybe I don't want to! :cry:

Here is the copy I have, it was cut off axis on several angles as well...

rthz.jpg

I've seen other copies of this book factory-trimmed like Sqeggs'. Comic specs were less than perfect back then.

My copy is lower grade, but more of the art on the right hand side is preserved than in most copies I've seen.

sotl1_zps162dccc0.jpg

Tough book. Don't appear to be any copies on the census. First one I've seen for sale in the past couple of years. Anyone have a high-grade copy?

Joanna I think

Sure wish she would post more frequently. Been about six months ....

She ought to have her own thread to enshrine her complete Baker romance set.

That would be great. She posted some of her books in the early pages of this thread and sporadically thereafter. A series of group shots would be impressive I'm sure. :wishluck:

I've seen other copies of this book factory-trimmed like Sqeggs'. Comic specs were less than perfect back then.

My copy is lower grade, but more of the art on the right hand side is preserved than in most copies I've seen.

sotl1_zps162dccc0.jpg

Wow Sqeggs, you got gypped. Your's doesn't even have the 10 cents showing...I'd send it back...or send it to me... :insane:

Edited by tricolorbrian

sotl1_zps162dccc0.jpg

Wow Sqeggs, you got gypped. Your's doesn't even have the 10 cents showing...I'd send it back...or send it to me... :insane:

Dang, you're right, even the 10 cents isn't showing on my copy.

I'd send it to you but I don't want to distract you from your Cole books!

Here's my copy low grade too.

47A7B009-BC10-4F90-9B48-EB4DC223CA95_zpsrsuacdfa.jpg

I believe I sold that copy, about seven years ago. It has a black color touch, doesn't it?

Also directed Joanna to a F/VF copy, about six years ago.

I wonder if that's the best copy around? Given how late the book was published, I would imagine it didn't get much distribution -- St John's distribution was, of course, spotty at the best of times. So I would guess there aren't too many copies left.

I would think a truly high-grade copy might have made it on to the census by now, although you never know.