• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

What are u talkin' about? It's been chaos since 2000...the last time I went... :o

It used to be such a fun place, now most of the collectors are shut out by girls in costumes and movie and garbage displays. Oh well, I still have memories of the 1979 con at the El Tovar hotel...

Edited by tricolorbrian

What are u talkin' about? It's been chaos since 2000...the last time I went... :o

It used to be such a fun place, now most of the collectors are shut out by girls in costumes and movie and garbage displays. Oh well, I still have memories of the 1979 con at the El Tovar hotel...

Maybe you two should go back and calm the chaos!

Maybe you two should go back and calm the chaos!

Not me brudda...not me...I'll just stick to the small cons, like Terry's...it's easier to actually find comics. Anyway, I'm too old for those Cosplay gals... hm

I don't miss going to SDCC this week, since I was no longer having fun and enjoying myself.

After qualifying for a senior's SDCC rate, I could not get a regular badge, but could have gotten an exhibitor's badge. Decided not to go this year after 25 straight years. Comics selection was not great last year. I think I only bought seven or eight comic books, but did pick up Alex Ross OA in person. I bought a Matt Baker book, where the dealer did not know who Matt Baker was.

I usually drive down from San Francisco; since if I have a car, I can bring home more loot.

Might just fly down next year and get a room from airbnb to avoid the hotel and parking lottery.

I don't miss going to SDCC this week, since I was no longer having fun and enjoying myself.

After qualifying for a senior's SDCC rate, I could not get a regular badge, but could have gotten an exhibitor's badge. Decided not to go this year after 25 straight years. Comics selection was not great last year. I think I only bought seven or eight comic books, but did pick up Alex Ross OA in person. I bought a Matt Baker book, where the dealer did not know who Matt Baker was.

I usually drive down from San Francisco; since if I have a car, I can bring home more loot.

Might just fly down next year and get a room from airbnb to avoid the hotel and parking lottery.

True story SDCC 2005 asking several dealers/looking for Matt Baker OA for sale, one dealer told me; what's the name Matt Baker, Matt Baker? you mean Kyle Baker no Matt Baker oh Golden Age!!! them told me your too young to be collecting Matt Baker. lol

Edited by kat123

True story SDCC 2005 asking several dealers/looking for Matt Baker OA for sale, one dealer told me; what's the name Matt Baker, Matt Baker? you mean Kyle Baker no Matt Baker oh Golden Age!!! them told me your too young to be collecting Matt Baker. lol

The best dealers are ones who don't know who Matt Baker is, but have some in stock.

Any of the board- Baker Romance collectors going to SDCC?

I can but dream! :cry:

last time I was at SDCC 05/06 now its a kaos.

I only went once in 2007 (it's a long way from Boston!) and I think that's when they maxed out at 125,000 people for the first time. It was fun, but I doubt I'd ever go back. It just too much of a s#*t-show.

That one surprised me a bit, but the colors seemed good on an issue that is usually quite faded. Maybe some people also saw it as undergraded.

It surprises me how high the prices are that HA has been getting in their Sunday auctions. The live auctions run for what? four or five hours? Seems like a huge time commitment. Most of the time I place my bids and wait until Monday morning to see if I've won anything.

That one surprised me a bit, but the colors seemed good on an issue that is usually quite faded. Maybe some people also saw it as undergraded.

It surprises me how high the prices are that HA has been getting in their Sunday auctions. The live auctions run for what? four or five hours? Seems like a huge time commitment. Most of the time I place my bids and wait until Monday morning to see if I've won anything.

Me too. I throw in my bid and let everybody else fight it out live. Lose a lot that way, but I keep my money. For Chicago this week!!