• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

Last Matt Bakers of 2016

(This is from my Journal today - thanks for reading http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7287580&fpart=68)

I won a couple of Matt Bakers last week. I'm pretty sure these will be my last Bakers of 2016. So here's where I stand in my goal to get a copy of every comic with a Matt Baker cover. By my count, there are 299 such comics. I have 90, with an average price of $115. The most I've paid is $510. The least $4.

The 2 acquisitions below were kind of surprises. The first one was an offer on an eBay BIN. I made an offer and it was accepted. I knew the seller and I based my offer on my past deals with him, so maybe this one wasn't as much a surprise. The second win was definitely a surprise, as you don't see these giants very often. The seller was BakerFan and I was very happy to win the auction. Thanks for reading.

s-l1600.ajpg_zpsvpb9uxva.jpg

s-l1600_zpsnteczssb.jpg

Bought this one on eBay nearly four years ago as a GD/VG. Finally got around to having it graded last year. Unfortunately, because it's in a magazine-size slab it was awkwardly wedged into a box of normal-size slabs and the slab was badly damaged. Not just cracked, but smashed. Luckily the book wasn't affected and I was able to get it reslabbed.

Tough book. Anyone have a high-grade copy?

2017-01-02-0001_zpsfifsedsf.jpg

Bought this one on eBay nearly four years ago as a GD/VG. Finally got around to having it graded last year. Unfortunately, because it's in a magazine-size slab it was awkwardly wedged into a box of normal-size slabs and the slab was badly damaged. Not just cracked, but smashed. Luckily the book wasn't affected and I was able to get it reslabbed.

No. Just a 4.5 I got off Ha years ago. In that unwieldly slab.

Bakers are like Centaurs take them anyway you can as long as they have a cover

AMEN!

Was very happy to finally get a copy of this one for a very fair price. You can't be too pickey condition wise with Baker stuff these days.If they are complete with no pieces missing and priced fair, I'm all over them.

comteenageromances38_zpsaeodynux.jpg

One of his best.

Btw, happy two-year anniversary on the boards!

Edited by Sqeggs

Was very happy to finally get a copy of this one for a very fair price. You can't be too pickey condition wise with Baker stuff these days.If they are complete with no pieces missing and priced fair, I'm all over them.

...looks like someone else is planning to get all over a Baker as well..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...looks like someone else is planning to get all over a Baker as well..... GOD BLESS...

The last time I saw Michelle Nolan at an SD Con around 1998 we were both looking thru a box of Bakers and saw this issue. She remarked, "That happened to me once..."

:o

One of his best.

+1, congrat's Bob.

Perhaps a wee bit underrated when compared to some other big Baker books.

The last time I saw Michelle Nolan at an SD Con around 1998 we were both looking thru a box of Bakers and saw this issue. She remarked, "That happened to me once..."

....I used to have the biggest crush on Michelle Nolan when she was writing for CBM...... several of my pals did as well..... :luhv: GOD BLESS...

....I used to have the biggest crush on Michelle Nolan when she was writing for CBM...... several of my pals did as well..... :luhv: GOD BLESS...

Oh...I'm not even gonna touch this one... :insane:

Keeping the headlights on is exactly what he has in mind... :devil:

Keeping the headlights on is exactly what he has in mind... :devil:

:signfunny:

This one is tough!